|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
A 'whitemare' is basically a whitey of monumental proportions. If you don't know what a whitey is, I'm sure urban dictionary will give you the lowdown. We were originally going to call ourselves 'The Fuck', but our second guitarist was afraid his mum wouldn't approve. So we fired him, then decided the name Whitemare was probably better anyway.
2. How did this band get started?
We all played in various bands heavy bands from Brighton and got to know each other through doing that. Basically, we all agreed that a band like Whitemare needed to exist.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Zeke, Motörhead, ZZ Top & Whitemare. Anyone who plays fast and with energy. Then cross that with rock n roll swagger.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Sabbath, Motörhead, Pantera or The Hellacopters. Failing that, Cancer Bats, Every Time I Die, Gallows or Design The Skyline.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
The ever-necessary pre-show KFC. Apart from our bassist, who has some strange eating disorder - I think it's called vegetarianism.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
If people listen to Black Veil Brides, they could at least give us a bash as well. Not that we're similar, just that they're shite.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Anyone that plays for Glasgow Celtic or Spurs.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
R. Kelly. Maximum musical inspiration.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I think that needs an entire interview in itself right there.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Probably the time a strange old man joined us on stage mid-song and started showing us pages from a book he was holding with a dead serious look on his face. We had no idea where he came from, but he seemed to believe it was a genuine possibility that we'd be interested in what was in his book. He was eventually led away by one of the staff. We saw him after the show and said hi, then he started grabbing his crotch and told our guitarist, Al, that he wanted to skull fuck him. Lad.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AccessPort Internet Service Provider - Wireless Broadband access across Sonoma County! ...apparently.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Pretty much whatever our newest one is, because we haven't played it a million times before. We have a love/hate relationship with our songs. Certain ones go in and out of fashion over the months with us.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Sillwood Street, Brighton. 2008.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Michael Jackson - Dangerous album. No question.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The power to turn gold into shite.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
I think we already answered this in question 5.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We all heart Fleetwood Mac.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio stations should cut down on the amount of Adele that they play, and in turn reduce the country's suicide rate. Different radio stations play different types of music. We're not a primetime BBC Radio 1 band.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Being absolutely shite at FIFA 12"
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |