1. How did you get your band name?
Taylor: I live in a really rural country town where there's absolutely nothing to do…to pass time my friends and I would go on joyrides, blare our music with no destination and ride around for hours (typically a drive into Baltimore City) AKA a Car Party.
2. How did this band get started?
Taylor: I posted a Craigslist ad and found Michael (vocals). With an alternate line up we toured with Chris' (bass) old band and a few months later we joined forces with him. After ANOTHER Craigslist ad Jim (guitar) came along.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Taylor: We're all into way different things, but we share some common ground with bands like Acceptance, Brand New, Death Cab For Cutie, and Jimmy Eat World.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Acceptance or Fall Out Boy reunion show, we want in!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Hardees, Zaxby's, Subway, we can get down with Wawa but most of the time it's whatever's cheapest.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Michael: We write music that we really care about. Music that has a purpose and means something. There's nothing better than when music really connects with you and we want to give that feeling to people.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Chris: Cal Ripken cause he's the Iron Man.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Supportive friends and family. We love you all very much! This wouldn't have been possible without a select few people and they know who they are.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
That bands were supported more to keep touring and making music because people often forget how important music is to them. To be cliche "music will never let us down."
10. Memorable tour experience?
Chris: I peed next to a guy that had hooks for hands.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Michael: I've been coming to the site for years. It's my favorite place to find music news and talk with people online. It's definitely the website I visit most often.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Walls." It's the newest song on our setlist, new songs are always fun.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Jim: So far the best place I've been to is Riviera Maya, Mexico but I'd love to go to Ireland.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Chris: 80's Hair Metal: lots of Whitesnake, Ratt and Warrant.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Reading minds, we wanna know everything!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
We do a huddle before every show, Chris won't shave a day before any performance and Michael does vocal warm ups and we occasionally enjoy valerian root "stinky" tea.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Every day is a constant inside joke. We always have some kind of movie quote or something that keeps us laughing.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Honestly we don't really listen to the radio that much, but we feel that our sound has enough of a mainstream vibe to appeal to people who do listen to the radio.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Honestly we don't have much spare time outside of band business but we love hanging out together. Practice always leads to lunch, bowling, the mall. Things like that.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Chris can fold the top of his ear into the inside of his ear, and pop it out on command. It's incredible.