Username
Password
Fearless Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Fearless Records
Inside AP.net

Special Sugarcult Show

Posted by: Drew Beringer (11/02/11)
Sugarcult have announced a special show in Anaheim, CA on December 10th, marking the 10th Anniversary of their debut album Start Static. The show will feature the band's original founding line-up. Press release in replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 30
09:12 AM on 11/02/11
Drew Beringer
Senior Editor - @drewberinger - Locked Groove
User Info.
Sugarcult 10 yearsSugarcult have announced a special show in Anaheim, CA on Saturday, Dec 10, celebrating the 10th Anniversary of their debut album Start Static (2001 Ultimatum / Fearless Records). This unique show features the band's founding line-up including original drummer, Ben Davis, who departed from the band in 2002.

Sugarcult have decided to return to it's roots with a special intimate show at Chain Reaction; an all-ages club that Sugarcult frequented in its early, formative years. The band will play their album Start Static in its entirety along with a few other songs from their early days.

"Every time we get together and do a show, we experience a sort of magical chemistry between each other as musicians and people," notes guitarist, Marko DeSantis. "It's bigger than love. It's so powerful to share this musical communion with each other and our fans. We are so excited to return and reconnect. Thank you to our loyal fans for always leaving a light on for us."

Tickets are $15 and go on sale Friday, November 4, at http://www.allages.com/

Start Static spawned three strong radio singles..."Stuck in America", "Bouncing Off the Walls", and "Pretty Girl", along with live favorites like "You're the One" and "Daddy's Little Defect." The album has sold in excess of 385,000 copies in the US alone.

SUGARCULT - Tim Pagnotta (vocals, guitar), Airin Older (bass, vocals), Marko DeSantis (guitar), Ben Davis (drums) - From Warped Tour to World Tours, Sugarcult have toured relentlessly since 2000 - building a dedicated domestic and international following. Sugarcult performed as the opening act on Green Day's American Idiot tour (in the US and Japan), on Blink 182's farewell arena tour in Europe, on the mainstage of Warped Tour '01 '02 & '04, on the main stages of legendary UK festivals - Reading, Leeds, and Glastonbury, on Japan's Summer Sonic Festival, as well as headlined the coveted Take Action Tour, the Virgin College Mega Tour, and their own successful club & theatre tours. Sugarcult have released three albums (Start Static, Palm Trees and Power Lines, Lights Out) and two DVD's (Action, Back to the Disaster). The band has sold a cumulative of 1 million albums worldwide. Sugarcult's singles "Memory", "Bouncing Off the Walls," "Stuck in America," "She's the Blade," "Pretty Girl (The Way)" and "Do It Alone", were played on Alternative & Mainstream radio stations nationwide - as well as video rotation on MTV, MTV2, MTV-u and FUSE. Sugarcult press coverage includes Rolling Stone, Alternative Press, Blender, Spin, Stuff, LA Times, New York Post, Access Hollywood, Kerrang, Entertainment Weekly, CNN, Billboard, etc. Sugarcult has appeared on Conan O'Brien, Late Show with Craig Kilborn, Pepsi Smash, and Last Call with Carson Daly. Sugarcult hosted MTV2's Rock Show, MTV's All Things Rock & FUSE tv's Rock Show & Daily Download.

PROJECTS OUTSIDE OF SUGARCULT:
Sugarcult singer, Tim Pagnotta produced (and co-wrote several songs on) the debut album from Neon Trees including the worldwide hit single "Animal." Such success has lead to many writing and producing projects for Tim.
Sugarcult bass player, Airin Older produced and played bass in Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros. Their song "Home" has become a national sensation and they have gained a strong reputation for being an amazing live band. Airin recently left the band to pursue other musical endeavors.
Sugarcult guitarist, Marko DeSantis did a record with The Playing Favorites, has DJ'd events from Russia to London to Tokyo to New York City, did shows with Bad Astronaut (with Joey Cape/Lagwagon), and also hosts a weekly internet radio show called Endless Party! Radio on www.moheak.com.
Sugarcult drummer, Kenny Livingston started a charity that raises money and awareness for healthy living called www.KennyDoIt.org. To launch it, he rode his bicycle across America, coast to coast from LA to DC, last summer solo! Kenny also plays in a music side-project called Good Man Down.
Sugarcult's original drummer, Ben Davis, moved on to become a composer for TV, film and commercials; spanning over a hundred tv shows and 1,000 episodes. Movie work includes The Backup Plan, Fame, Jackass 3.5, A Novel Romance, The Elephant King...And national ads includes Toyota, Saturn, Honda, Walmart, Jack in the Box, Hotwheels & Bank of America.
09:24 AM on 11/02/11
The Revisionist
Loves shittyass pop music
User Info.
Oh man, I would go to this in a minute were it at all realistically feasible for me to do so. I met Sugarcult way back when they were touring with the Ataris and they were just the nicest fucking dudes, even eventually sneaking me into this 21+ radio show they were playing in Lansing some time later. I really only got into this album and about half of the second one, but they were once of the first bands I met who were super cool to their fans and really help shaped my view on how a band in "punk rock" was supposed to act.
09:39 AM on 11/02/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
Gonna try and make it to this
09:43 AM on 11/02/11
kidinthebushes
User Info.
I was never a big fan of them but this is very cool. I wish more bands did anniversary shows/tours.
09:48 AM on 11/02/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
I would love to go to this!
09:53 AM on 11/02/11
seraph1214
Sing you to coma, so to speak.
User Info.
Love that record. Wish I could go to this.
09:56 AM on 11/02/11
HappyLondon
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm going, without a doubt!
10:25 AM on 11/02/11
makeasound
start appreciating yourself
User Info.
I wish I could afford to drive down to socal for this. That will be an incredible show.
10:29 AM on 11/02/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
tour please?
10:30 AM on 11/02/11
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
User Info.
Also I'm guessing the few other songs would be the singles from Palm Trees, which would be awesome.

EDIT: didnt know they had two albums before Start Static. Thought Start Static was their second
10:30 AM on 11/02/11
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
This band needs to come back.
11:19 AM on 11/02/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Also I'm guessing the few other songs would be the singles from Palm Trees, which would be awesome.

EDIT: didnt know they had two albums before Start Static. Thought Start Static was their second
I would hope they still play songs from Wrap Me Up In Plastic and some off of Lights Out too. Riot, Out of Phase, and Dead Living are great. WMUIP also has some of their most classic songs. Anna's touch, Christine, Over Now, Killing me, and Beautiful Stalker. As much as I love Lights Out as it was my jam in my freshmen year of college Wrap Me Up In Plastic and Start Static have my favorite songs by this band.
11:29 AM on 11/02/11
popdisaster00
Two years is a long time to pretend
User Info.
solid album back in the day. Pretty Girl was a jam
11:44 AM on 11/02/11
jenijennjen
User Info.
so excited for this! Also, I am SO glad they are doing this show at Chain Reaction and not House of Blues like I thought they would.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests