Username
Password
Coheed & Cambria News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Coheed & Cambria
Inside AP.net

Coheed & Cambria Part Ways With Drummer

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/02/11)
Drummer Chris Pennie has parted ways with Coheed and Cambria due to "creative differences." Statements from both parties can be found in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 96.
05:51 PM on 11/02/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
From Chris PennieI am very thankful for the times I shared the stage with the guys in Coheed and especially want to thank the amazing, supportive fans that I've met while on tour. There are a lot of exciting projects on the horizon in addition to Return To Earth and Fight Mannequins that I feel require 100 percent of my commitment and attention. I feel that this is the right time to make that happen.

From Coheed & CambriaTough decisions were made today that will help shape this band for the coming years. We extend our deepest appreciation to Chris Pennie for an incredible journey.
05:53 PM on 11/02/11
UnderclasHero
So long live us
User Info.
I really hope they dont fall apart now. 1st the bassist, now him. this sucks
05:53 PM on 11/02/11
irthesteve
All that wander are not lost
User Info.
This poor band can't catch a break. There are only two members of the band right now?!
05:54 PM on 11/02/11
Ian Walker
wes craven with x cravings.
User Info.
Claudio and Travis have been alone before. They'll be okay.
05:54 PM on 11/02/11
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
User Info.
Sucks. It felt like he wasn't around very long. I know he never played on No World For Tomorrow, but I know he wrote the parts. Hopefully they can find someone to replace him with no issues. I'm looking forward to hearing new music!
05:55 PM on 11/02/11
TenSpeed
User Info.
please please please please please please please please please please please bring back josh.
05:58 PM on 11/02/11
TheCrowing2113
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Would be awesome if josh came back
05:58 PM on 11/02/11
Josephine_KCMO
myspace.com/jetstojune
User Info.
eppard's style fit them perfectly back then, not so sure now. Still think Josh is an amazing drummer though.
06:04 PM on 11/02/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
what a bummer, Chris Pennie is a fucking monster behind the kit. Hope they find a worthy replacement. glad i got to see them live while he was still in the band, he definitely added a lot to their live show.
06:06 PM on 11/02/11
codeseven
rtfm
User Info.
I really hope they dont fall apart now. 1st the bassist, now him. this sucks
I think you mean first the drummer, then bassist, then drummer again
06:08 PM on 11/02/11
coma
I keep writing myself into ruts.
User Info.
Their sound changed when Pennie came in. Things got harder. Hopefully they bring back Eppard, and return to their pop sensibilities a little bit.
06:09 PM on 11/02/11
whiterussian
awake my old dry bones.
User Info.
I admit I haven't heard the last record besides streaming it when it came out, but I don't think this is sad at all. Pennie is a very particular drummer and I think his style (or should I say, versatility) was a bit wasted on C&C.

C&C will be fine with another drummer. I hope Pennie lands some considerable success with one of his next projects.

edit: as for the previous record, I don't know how much of the drumming Taylor Hawkins adapted to his own style from what Pennie wrote, but it does feel like Hawkins through and through. That might actually further proof of Pennie's talent, but it still makes me feel like he was wasted on C&C.
06:25 PM on 11/02/11
PulmonaryArchry
User Info.
Always thought Pennie was holding back for Coheed, hopefully they find a better fit.
06:26 PM on 11/02/11
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
User Info.
Once they got big it was always Claudio and Trevor's band. Will be from here on out.

They'll be ok.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums