AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Four Year Strong News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Stream New FYS Album Now

Posted by - 10:26 AM on 11/04/11
You can stream Four Year Strong's new album In Some Way, Shape, or Form. over on their Facebook page.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 192
10:27 AM on 11/04/11
justinwho
long live RepliesWithGifs
User Info.
10:28 AM on 11/04/11
windigo11
User Info.
here's to hoping it will exceed my somewhat low expectations
10:29 AM on 11/04/11
Charlesieiy
The night just grew its fangs
User Info.
Holy- Corny as SHIT but I really like it so far. I mean, I've only gotten through two songs, but this is good. And considering the four we've already heard...
Not as bad as I was expecting.
RiverRunsRed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this fucking sucks! they're trying way too hard
kidinthebushes
User Info.
Very curious to hear this. But I'm going into with low expectations.
10:32 AM on 11/04/11
subplotofcrows
A Small Spark Vs. A Great Forest
User Info.
Bland. Fairweather Fan and Heaven Wasn't Built to Hold Me are the best. The closer is weird.
10:33 AM on 11/04/11
TZE
User Info.
yeah low expectations for me too. i remember being super excited about listening to enemy of the world for the first time.. but for this i'm leaving it for some spare time in the weekend. hope it turns out okay
10:34 AM on 11/04/11
jonisthenewblac
User Info.
a little over half way through, my first impression is a little more like everyone thought, with the first few songs they released its just kind of the same band playing radio songs. i'm super glad this band is doing what they want and ill continue to support them so they can make more music. but in regards to this record, its not totally for me and that's fine, itll grow on me im sure.
10:34 AM on 11/04/11
LivingTheLyrics
What you feel will rarely rhyme.
User Info.
Man, track two is good, but that's the end of the positive remarks I have. These are some of the worst lyrics I have heard this year.
10:36 AM on 11/04/11
phaynes1
AP.NET ILLUMINATI
User Info.
Halfway through this and haven't heard a single song ive liked yet. And I really like everything they've done previously.
10:43 AM on 11/04/11
RiverRunsRed
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
and I don't like the way they've talked in the press, like all negative and stuff. "this record is different" "our true fans will support us no matter what, not the fair weather fans".
No, real fans actually like your band for a reason, if you right are known for energetic pop punk/hardcore fusion (or whatever) and you write a record where you are trying your hardest to recreate 90's alternate rock, some of your fans will not like it. it's common sense.

Ever hear a "real" Metallica fan that loves St. Anger? A Bad Religion fan that likes "Into the unknown"? Smashing Pumpkins fans and that Electronic album?H2O fans that love "Go"?(ok that was a little harsh) but you get the point, NO!

If you write a self indulgent album and it alienates some of your fans, deal with it. Don't blame your fans for having an opinion.
10:48 AM on 11/04/11
PulmonaryArchry
User Info.
Quote:
If you write a self indulgent album and it alienates some of your fans, deal with it. Don't blame your fans for having an opinion.

Truth. I'll wait to listen to this until I can get a non-webrip, or my preorder comes in.
10:48 AM on 11/04/11
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
Bad stream quality. eh
10:50 AM on 11/04/11
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
User Info.
the chorus in "The Infected" is catchy as hell.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos