AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:22 AM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
The main stages will be outside and inside the convention hall will be the skate and surf stage. And I would assume the old s&s second stage too.
11:38 AM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
ghelms88
Back by Popular Demand
Raritan NJ
Male - 25 Years Old
Latest tweet from John D...

re-creating skate and surf in convention hall is really the coolest part of Bam12. Line up is SOLID - now trying to find original backdrop
11:50 AM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Latest tweet from John D...

re-creating skate and surf in convention hall is really the coolest part of Bam12. Line up is SOLID - now trying to find original backdrop

this whole thing is risky, to rent the entire boardwalk, beach, convention hall, that's a big chunk of change. And my other concern which I bring up in the chat will be since some stages will be indoors will their be a cut off to how many people can go inside cause that will be a bitch.
03:10 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
blissfulrain
I want to dream.
Male - 18 Years Old
this whole thing is risky, to rent the entire boardwalk, beach, convention hall, that's a big chunk of change. And my other concern which I bring up in the chat will be since some stages will be indoors will their be a cut off to how many people can go inside cause that will be a bitch.
Well, main stage won't be inside, so I don't see a problem.

I hope they put good bands in Asbury Lanes, that'll be hella fun.
03:48 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
hrleyquinn13
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
Well, main stage won't be inside, so I don't see a problem.

I hope they put good bands in Asbury Lanes, that'll be hella fun.

well based on the hints the skate and surf stage feels like it's gonna be made up of bands that played skate and surf. So it almost seems like it will be a third main stage.
04:14 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Slayer Fan
No Avatar Selected
Middletown, NJ
Male - 23 Years Old
Bringing it back to Asbury?? Well I'm going all 3 days regardless! So much closer to where I live.
06:21 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
my_aim_is_true
Everything's Eventual
No Avatar Selected
Female - 26 Years Old
This all is exciting to me.
11:52 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
Hillsborough, NJ
Male
If this site is to be believed: http://festheads.com/index.cfm?fA=fest.main&fid=14, judging off those dates I wont be going to bamboozle this year.

Why would they make it so none of the dates are in May when every other year at least it was considered the first weekend in may because at least 1 of the days was May. It doesn't make sense to have a beginning of summer festival in Asbury Park that takes place in April. The May 4-6 weekend makes so much more sense, also that is after finals week sooooo...
11:59 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
domotime2
great googily moogily
New Jersey
Male - 28 Years Old
If this site is to be believed: http://festheads.com/index.cfm?fA=fest.main&fid=14, judging off those dates I wont be going to bamboozle this year.

Why would they make it so none of the dates are in May when every other year at least it was considered the first weekend in may because at least 1 of the days was May. It doesn't make sense to have a beginning of summer festival in Asbury Park that takes place in April. The May 4-6 weekend makes so much more sense, also that is after finals week sooooo...
idk if that site is reliable since it still says "east rutherford on it".

Bamboozle should have always been the 2nd weekend of May. The amount of college kids that COULD have possibly gone to this thing is ridiculous.
12:04 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
njdevils327
You know Craigslist? That's my list
Hillsborough, NJ
Male
idk if that site is reliable since it still says "east rutherford on it".

Bamboozle should have always been the 2nd weekend of May. The amount of college kids that COULD have possibly gone to this thing is ridiculous.

Oh true that. I reaaaaaaalllllllyyyyy hope that site is wrong because I was so looking forward to this
12:29 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
my_aim_is_true
Everything's Eventual
No Avatar Selected
Female - 26 Years Old
The amount of college kids that COULD have possibly gone to this thing is ridiculous.

That's why I had to wait until I graduated to finally be able to go. I always had finals to prepare for.
08:28 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
walkonpastme
Male - 25 Years Old
The lineup would have to be spectacular for me to spend the money to get a hotel. Maybe stay in Atlantic City and then drive to the festival each day? Or only go one day who knows.
08:39 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
walkonpastme
Male - 25 Years Old
Its actually pretty cool to look at old Bamboozle lineups and see the progression. It would be so awesome if they got some of the early bands (Moe, Keller Williams, Darkstar Orchestra, Sonic Youth, Galactic,My Morning Jacket) to play, but the genres are so different that it just wouldn't work.
09:04 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
DetraLynn
No Avatar Selected
Maryland
Female - 26 Years Old

John D tweeted this yesterday:
@lincstarboss:
Then in that comment thread Scoop McDroop posted this:
Scoop McDroop i like the idea of renting beach houses for the big weeknd in May. a reporter like myself should have thought of such a 1-derr-ful idea. starting my list of questions for Wednesday, mr. d better get Uz'd to these chats, i hear a certain web team is building a hi tech chat board for weekly activities. happy Thursday everyone! couldn't resist a hint or two. my name is scoop and this was my report!

Pretty sure it's going to be in May (especially since it's at the beach, april would just be colder). And there is going to be a chat on Wednesday.
09:23 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
rising_tied
Registered Member
No Avatar Selected
ILLINOIS
Male
Man fucking shit.... Everyone keeps saying how shady of a hood this is... that means that me and my friend arent gonna be able to do shit but wake up, go to the show hit the hotel, sleep repeat. No walking around and shit

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos