Username
Password
Century Media News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Century Media
Inside AP.net

Napalm Death Announce New Album

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/07/11)
Napalm Death will release Utilitarian on February 28 via Century Media Records. Check out the cover and a statement from the band in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 8 of 8
09:51 AM on 11/07/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

From vocalist Mark GreenwayAfter some deliberation, we have decided on Utilitarian as the album title. We generally try to avoid generic titles, and this seemed to have a lot of scope to it. I won't explain the full meaning of Utilitarianism here because it's an ethical theory, and as ethical theories go, the depth and debate around it is quite heavy at times. It has a certain 'morality' aspect to it and that isn't something that drives me, so I also certainly have issues with it.

So, rather than just nail that straight to the mast, of course we wanted to put our own spin on it by suggesting that those (i.e. the utilitarian in us, perhaps) who try to challenge everything, or fight against conventions, well, we go through periods of real self-doubt where we wonder if we're really making a difference. I suppose the conclusion is that, for the sake of all our freedoms, you should never stop, as even the feeling of resistance is at least a signal to those who would like to entirely control and dominate us - meaning everything from our instinctive behavior to our human entitlement to walk the earth unprovoked.

Regarding the album overall, the final creases should be ironed out fairly soon, and immediately after that, we thought it would be good to top it off with a few UK dates. We've been playing one new song ("Quarantined") out on a tour of Canada and it's been well received, so we hope to perhaps throw in another one for now. Either way, we'll be bouncing off the walls again near you very soon. Cheers all.
09:59 AM on 11/07/11
TomAce
Still Listens To Limbeck
User Info.
when did Napalm Death get all smart and stuff?
10:32 AM on 11/07/11
Dre Okorley
User Info.
11:11 AM on 11/07/11
Spencer Control
Yeah I still burn from time to time
User Info.
I feel like this is something all bands are trying to do nowadays, haha.
11:25 AM on 11/07/11
singyoutocoma
Find a thread to pull...
User Info.
Ironically, the idea that, even in the absence of evidence about whether your cries for reform are making a difference, you should keep protesting is not at all a utilitarian idea.
01:10 PM on 11/07/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will be listening.
07:15 PM on 11/07/11
TruthElixirX
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The vast majority of their career as involved anarchism (the political ideology), vegetarianism, class warfare, etc.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests