AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 154
12:27 PM on 11/07/11
boomer08
User Info.
Hey, instead of reverting back to a So Wrong It's Right-like sound, how 'bout doing something completely different? This could be a chance for ATL to make their own Lights and Sounds. They need to go into it without any preconceived notions about what the band is supposed to sound like, make an album that they can be proud of and for God's sake, stop the co-writes. And don't try to write "hits" because it hasn't worked in the past. If "I Feel Like Dancin'" didn't catch on at Top 40, nothing will. I hope it's good.

EDIT: Oh and pick one producer and stick with him.
12:30 PM on 11/07/11
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
All Time Low's writers are currently writing a new album. Jack says a song chorus reminds him of So Wrong, It's Right era.

Fixed.
12:31 PM on 11/07/11
karadoll
Open up a little happiness today.
User Info.
I don't understand why everyone says Dirty Work sucked so badly; there were a couple of songs that were terrible, but the majority of it was good.
12:32 PM on 11/07/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
I don't understand why everyone says Dirty Work sucked so badly; there were a couple of songs that were terrible, but the majority of it was good.
12:33 PM on 11/07/11
claw38
User Info.
Yep...it really wasn't awful. I loved TPS, PUOSU and SWIR and I still had room to love Dirty Work. I'm excited to hear new stuff from them.
12:33 PM on 11/07/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
All Time Low have this all thought out.
1) Hype New album
2) Turns out crappy and sells poorly
3) ????
4) Announce return to form album
12:34 PM on 11/07/11
p93
hopelessly yours, Alabama
User Info.
Oh look, the statement every band in the history of music with older, more liked material makes when writing new material.
12:34 PM on 11/07/11
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Remember that thread where the moderators of this site were defending the band for using co-writers? That was funny. Someone should dig that up...
12:36 PM on 11/07/11
narca9
killed the beast!
User Info.
They say that every time. And it's always bullshit.
/thread
12:38 PM on 11/07/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Remember that thread where the moderators of this site were defending the band for using co-writers? That was funny. Someone should dig that up...
I, still, have no problem with co-writers. My enjoyment of a song is not predicated on if someone co-wrote it or not.
12:39 PM on 11/07/11
Searos
Registered Member
User Info.
Hey, instead of reverting back to a So Wrong It's Right-like sound, how 'bout doing something completely different? This could be a chance for ATL to make their own Lights and Sounds. They need to go into it without any preconceived notions about what the band is supposed to sound like, make an album that they can be proud of and for God's sake, stop the co-writes. And don't try to write "hits" because it hasn't worked in the past. If "I Feel Like Dancin'" didn't catch on at Top 40, nothing will. I hope it's good.

EDIT: Oh and pick one producer and stick with him.
It would be interesting if they wrote a darker and more rockier album. Alex can sing if nothing else. I would like to see progression in the right path. They should churn over something completely different but take their time on it. Put heart and soul into it. Not all pop music has feel so bloated. I feel this band could potentially get their shit together and make a hell of an album if they stopped looking at it like a formula. If Dirty Work did anything right it was the variety and diversity of songs. They need to work off what they are good at and not go into the writing process saying lets redo this album so kids love it. They need to jam until it hits them. Albums like Lights and Sounds, In Reverie, Coming Home, Deju Entendu, and others like it are proof bands need not stick to a cookie cutter formula to make a great album. Especially when the formula is not set it stone. NFG and Bayside are very set in stone sound but it is well crafted.
12:42 PM on 11/07/11
Phil507
Cynical and sarcastic dick
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I, still, have no problem with co-writers. My enjoyment of a song is not predicated on if someone co-wrote it or not.
Nor is mine. I think people were more defending the definition of "co-writing" than if the band had used them or not.

On another note, Dirty Work is the kind of album that might have done well if had still been 2001 and there was still a TRL to cross over to and that sort of playing field still existed but, no such luck for the ATL dudes.
12:44 PM on 11/07/11
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
How about trying to go back to, put up or shut up era instead?
Dear lord please
12:45 PM on 11/07/11
Krs-One
User Info.
Well I'm looking forward to it. Haven't lost my faith.
12:46 PM on 11/07/11
Jason Tate
User Info.
Nor is mine. I think people were more defending the definition of "co-writing" than if the band had used them or not.

On another note, Dirty Work is the kind of album that might have done well if had still been 2001 and there was still a TRL to cross over to and that sort of playing field still existed but, no such luck for the ATL dudes.
I don't think it would have done well in that era either. I don't think the songs were very strong.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos