The Initiative - 10.30.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
It's the name of a demon hunting military group in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.
2. How did this band get started?
In a basement with a lot of free time and a lack of equipment, singer, and money.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Blink-182, New Found Glory, early 2000's pop punk in general.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Blink-182, NFG, the Wonder Years, Refused. Because we love all those bands and it would just be an epic fuckfest the whole time.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
The cheap/free kind.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because we are "working-class"...we work for everything we have and do. No one gives us hand outs (we wish they did) but everything we have is from a lot of hard work.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Any WWE Superstar, but probably more specifically CM PUNK.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Friends, family, and fans.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
We wish all the bullshit and Mommy & Daddy bands were gone. For some reason the shittiest bands go somewhere because they have money and not talent. That needs to be reversed.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Touring costs money, we don't have money. So we can't tour lol.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
This site means a lot to us because it's where we all get updated on music news from bigger bands. I personally watched this site go from a blink-182 fanpage to one of the most important music websites around
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"The Diamond Cutter" or "Russian Rowlett."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Florida or California.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To fly, because honestly traffic sucks.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Smoke alotta cigs.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We are the most functional, dysfunctional band ever.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Radio is not what it used to be. There used to be a chance where a pop punk band like ours could be on the radio...but now it's all about the same 10 rap or pop songs being played all day. The only place our band could flourish radio-wise would be on a "new" rock type station where they play Breaking Benjamin and such.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
We all have some sort of talent that contributes to the band, so that we don't have to spend a shit ton of money on things a lot of bands end up going broke over...like fliers, photoshop editing, logo design, promos, ideas, common sense, etc.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |
Buy The Music