AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview

Currents - 10.31.11

Interviewed by
Currents - 10.31.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Currents
www.wearecurrents.com

1. How did you get your band name?
When you think of music you think of how it flows a certain way or in a certain direction, and that's exactly what a current is. So we decided to name the band after the different directions our music takes us.

2. How did this band get started?
John (guitar/vocals), Dylan (bass), and Mike (drums) were all in a band together. When things weren't working out, they all decided to do their own things. John and Dylan decided they wanted to start a band and were looking for a frontman. From playing in bands all around California, John and I were mutual friends. They hit me up and that was that. We still needed to solidify the drumming situation, and so they ask Mike if he'd be interested. The rest is history.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
Iím influenced by Thrice, Bayside, & Taking Back Sunday.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
If I could tour with any band it would be New Found Glory. Iíve always been a huge fan, so touring with them would be a dream come true.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
I love fast food, but eating it everyday will make you feel like crap! I think the best food to eat of tour has to be Subway. Love the sweet onion & teriyaki!

6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to Currents because we're not trying to sell a gimmick, we're just 4 guys doing what we love.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
1 NCAA title, 6 NBA Titles & 2 Olympic Gold Medals. I would be Michael Jordan.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
If I won a Grammy I would thank my family & friends most for always supporting me through my journey.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would change the fact that bands donít seem to have the same longevity they used to.

10. Memorable tour experience?
My first tour was Warped. Just being a part of the tour for the whole summer was my most memorable tour experience period.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
AP.net is the only place I go to find out whatís going on with my favorite bands. I love reading the comments. Itís funny to read people's reactions to certain posts.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
My favorite song to play of our's is ďL is for Lush.Ē This track has so much energy and is so fun to play live.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
My vacation spot of choice is Las Vegas. I love staying out all night & making ridiculous mistakes/memories with my friends.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I grew up listening to Dashboard Confessional, NFG, TBS, Saves the Day, & The Starting Line.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
It would be the ability to teleport. It would be so amazing to be able to go where I want wherever I want in an instant.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Pre-show Iím singing up until an hour before we play, then stretching. Nothing I would call superstitious.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I love Disneyland. Our whole band are annual pass holders so we go often. Being there you canít help but be happy.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Itís a lot harder for musicians to break into the radio/mainstream market unless you really have a lot of backing or a label willing to do a radio campaign. We are in our beginning stages, but without a doubt I think Currents could do well on the radio.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
In my spare time I like to stay active. Going on hikes, riding my bike, writing, & making art.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Some hidden talents are that I can play drums & I can do a head stand.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests