AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

11:36 AM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old
A defense of ignorance is not a winning defense.
i'm not defending ignorance (the exact opposite, actually).
02:02 PM on 11/12/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I love this article. I agree with just about every point made.

That was worded very well. Anyone who thinks Paterno is a scapegoat, is wrong. The guy protected Sandusky, he knew exactly what was happening. Paterno basically owns this univetsity. They fired Spaniar too... This town basically didn't even acknowledge it, they were just pissed Pateno got fired.

Paterno had the power here. Hands down, what he wanted happened. If ANYONE thinks the AD was Patetno's "boss," he wasn't. Pateno is no scapegoat, he's directly allowed Sandusky to do what he did. Who cares how many games he won?! He doesn't deserve to be remembered for anything but helping a child molester. The children are a million times more important than winning, and that piece of shit didn't care. Ever.
04:34 PM on 11/13/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Judge who set unsecured bail for Sandusky the alleged serial child rapist... Is a volunteer at his charity Second Mile...

God, Pennsylvania just sucks as a whole right now.
04:43 PM on 11/13/11 
User Info.
a nice person
Copeland fan level: Lotus bundle
SoCal
Male - 25 Years Old
Judge who set unsecured bail for Sandusky the alleged serial child rapist... Is a volunteer at his charity Second Mile...

God, Pennsylvania just sucks as a whole right now.

unsecured bail?! ridiculous.
01:25 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
Who cares how many games he won?! He doesn't deserve to be remembered for anything but helping a child molester. The children are a million times more important than winning, and that piece of shit didn't care. Ever.

I disagree with this. I agree he is absolutely no scapegoat, but they're discussing removing his name from championship trophies which to me is completely ridiculous.
01:48 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I disagree with this. I agree he is absolutely no scapegoat, but they're discussing removing his name from championship trophies which to me is completely ridiculous.

He allowed children to get raped in his facilities.

That's more than enough to remove his name from any award.
01:50 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia

It's the right thing to do.
02:12 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
CarpetElf
Stay Hungry, Stay Free, Stay Lucky
Tallahassee, Florida
Male - 20 Years Old
He allowed children to get raped in his facilities.

That's more than enough to remove his name from any award.

It's the right thing to do.

As a person, yes, he definitely deserved punishment and should have been fired, it was absolutely the right move to fire him. Yes, what he did was wrong, but you don't do something wrong and then suddenly you've never done anything else in your life. People think fondly of him, a lot of people do. They shouldn't wipe his name from the awards. Anything school based, I can understand that, they want to move passed the issue, and I absolutely agree with that. But in regards to his football achievements, he's one of the best and most successful coaches ever, and he earned that.
02:27 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
As a person, yes, he definitely deserved punishment and should have been fired, it was absolutely the right move to fire him. Yes, what he did was wrong, but you don't do something wrong and then suddenly you've never done anything else in your life. People think fondly of him, a lot of people do. They shouldn't wipe his name from the awards. Anything school based, I can understand that, they want to move passed the issue, and I absolutely agree with that. But in regards to his football achievements, he's one of the best and most successful coaches ever, and he earned that.

But he won his awards as a football coach and allowed a child rapist to use team facilities as a football coach.

It's just the name of a trophy Penn State will never win again. It's not the end of the world. He helped embarass his university that he cared about protecting so much. He fucked up and anything that happens to him is well deserved.

People really need to stop undervaluing the aid whether directly or indirectly of a child rapist. This wasn't a case where Sandusky said something wrong to a kid or sent some questionable text messages. THIS WAS PATERNO NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT SANDUSKY ANALLY RAPING A CHILD IN THE FOOTBALL SHOWERS.
04:05 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
04:06 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
Still fair to wonder why he didn't do anything about it, but this might add a MASSIVE wrinkle to the story.
04:08 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
The People's Champion
South Philly
Male - 22 Years Old
Lol what? Calling his dad was the right thing? I'm interested in hearing this.
04:57 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
He did a great job "making sure it stopped."

What a loser.
05:34 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
Am I reading what he said in the wrong context? I think it appears to state that he did not run from the rape as reported and testified to by himself, but instead physically stopped it in that moment.
05:39 PM on 11/14/11 
User Info.
itsmesean0630
_________________________ __________
Male - 26 Years Old
Sandusky admits to showering with boys, but claims to not be a pedophile.

In other news, a man accused of raping 4 women claims, "I'm not a rapist."

What. The. Fuck.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests