Username
Password

06:20 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
Haha this story only gets worse and worse by the day.

- In September 2001, Penn State agreed to sell 40 acres of land to Second Mile. The deal was finalized in 2002, 6 weeks after the Shower rape incident. Second Mile planned to build dorms on the land.

- FOX Philly has the story of Rob Lehr, a former camp operator who rented his camp to the Second Mile. Lehr said the group crossed dressed one year, and another year had the kids cross dressing:

- Documents filed in Centre County, Pa., show that on July 21 Paterno’s house near campus was turned over to “Suzanne P. Paterno, trustee” for a dollar plus “love and affection.” The couple had previously held joint ownership of the house, which they bought in 1969 for $58,000.
According to documents filed with the county, the house’s fair-market value was listed at $594,484.40. Wick Sollers, a lawyer for Paterno, said in an e-mail that the Paternos had been engaged in a “multiyear estate planning program,” and the transfer “was simply one element of that plan.” He said it had nothing to do with the scandal.

This type of stuff isn't uncommon. Pretty big leap to be made and the transfer wouldn't hold up in court if proven to be an attempt to "hide assets."
06:32 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
This type of stuff isn't uncommon. Pretty big leap to be made and the transfer wouldn't hold up in court if proven to be an attempt to "hide assets."

It's not uncommon when planning your will, estate planning, etc. But I mean come on, Paterno could literally die any day over the last 5 years.
07:21 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
It's not uncommon when planning your will, estate planning, etc. But I mean come on, Paterno could literally die any day over the last 5 years.

Yeah, I know. I've used that train of thought throughout most of this disaster, as Costas put it the other night, "where there's smoke there's fire."

In the case of Paterno's so called estate planning, one transfer isn't enough smoke to assume that there's fire. Until more information is known, it was irresponsible of the author and the Times to make such an accusation in not so many words.
07:24 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Recovery Room
WIZKIDS!
Neverland
Male
FOX Philly has the story of Rob Lehr, a former camp operator who rented his camp to the Second Mile. Lehr said the group crossed dressed one year, and another year had the kids cross dressing.
What in the world?!
07:26 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
This shit is crazy (and we still don't even know the whole story).
07:34 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
Arizona
Male
Verified
yeah I don't see the cross dressing thing as an issue. that sort of thing is pretty common as a school/camp skit/joke.
07:38 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
In any other case, I would agree that the cross dressing thing is a joke. But considering he admitted to showering with the kids and has tons of other allegations against him, I find it weird.
07:53 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
Arizona
Male
Verified
I can agree with that.
08:02 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
DooDooBird
Footage of Sandusky in 1987.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...85321#45285321

Dude just seems creepy. Even back then.
08:09 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
Report: Joe Paterno Statue To Be Removed From Outside Penn State's Beaver Stadium

Quote:
The fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal continues to mount, and Joe Paterno's legacy is quickly suffering more and more collateral damage.
Penn State is reportedly planning to take down the statue of Paterno that stands outside of the Nittany Lions' own Beaver Stadium in Happy Valley, according to CBS Sports' Gregg Doyle.
The school is planning to remove the seven-foot tall, 900-pound statue of JoePa during Thanksgiving break in an effort to avoid riots, Doyle elaborates. That makes sense, considering the demonstrations that took place when Paterno was fired by Penn State's board of trustees.
While the report hasn't been confirmed, it "wouldn't shock" some close to the situation. After all, the Big Ten only recently announced that Paterno's name would be removed from the conference championship trophy as well.
08:18 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
That'll just make the students act out again.
08:18 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
If wonder if the taking down of Paterno's statue means the school has information about his involvement that hasn't been released yet?
08:28 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
splitsecond
Augustine / Evan
Arizona
Male
Verified
Footage of Sandusky in 1987.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540...85321#45285321

Dude just seems creepy. Even back then.

Yeah, he is a straight up creep.
08:29 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
Until The Bombs
@_johnleary
West Chester, PA
Male - 29 Years Old
It's a short-sighted decision to sever ties as quickly as possible. It makes me question where the University's goals really lie. Do they seek to truly reform the culture that allowed this to occur, or simply to scapegoat and remove from memory the most public figures.

The students will riot and rally as the please, statute or no statute. Removing it at this time can only make matters worse. Instead, they should let the facts continue to come out. Presuming they paint Paterno in no better a light than he currently is, the additional information and passing of time will make the decision to remove the statute appear more rational than reactionary.
11:26 AM on 11/16/11 
User Info.
MyBestFiend
King of Swing
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 21 Years Old
Do people actually think that Tony Dungy will be the next Penn State coach? This is such a ridiculous rumor.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets