Username
Password

12:53 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
ohitsmark
www.markvphotos.com
Venice, FL
Male - 28 Years Old
It shows how awesome America is when they started to riot last night after he was fired. Makkkkkkes so much sense. Sigh.

Also, great timing for the NBA to say the same thing we already knew.
01:02 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
zachff
deadformat.net/tradelist/zachff
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
Whole thing is sad more than anything else. It really does raise some flags/make you think about the people like McQuarie (spelled wrong probably) who made an initial report but never called the police. They placed more stock in keeping their jobs than in the safety of the kids.
01:10 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
COREhorizon
Scrote Season
Slatington, PA
Male - 22 Years Old
My favorite:

Click image for larger version

Name:	300535_10150457666631753_600361752_10288814_1161018296_n.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	55942
01:28 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
No he didn't? How did he do that? It's not Spaniar the kids are talking about here. It's the board for firing Paterno, the students are hardly even talking about Spaniar.

Spanier should've ended it when it happened and not let this go on as far as it did. The guy shouldn't have been allowed to come around afterwards.
01:30 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Spanier should've ended it when it happened and not let this go on as far as it did. The guy shouldn't have been allowed to come around afterwards.

I agree... And I think he should have been fired. But e didn't throw anyone under the bus, and the students really aren't talking about him much.
01:32 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
Hudson County, NJ
Male
I agree... And I think he should have been fired. But e didn't throw anyone under the bus, and the students really aren't talking about him much.

I sort of meant the students should be going after him. According to ESPN, there was a report where Spanier said Paterno should've went to the police and not the AD. Maybe that's true, maybe not.
01:44 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
amorning_ofsleep
Drink 23 more
Michigan
Male - 27 Years Old
I was watching the ESPN coverage of the "riots" last night, and I didn't hear one Paterno supporter make a statement without saying "They should have let him retire at the end of the season". Really? Is their fucking football team more important in this matter?

And to be honest, the media has not been helping this situation that much either. I was appalled that at the press conference where they announced the firing of both the President and Paterno, that the FIRST question asked by a reporter was "Who will be coaching Saturday?".
01:47 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
No Avatar Selected
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
Everything Mark May just said is correct.
02:00 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I was watching the ESPN coverage of the "riots" last night, and I didn't hear one Paterno supporter make a statement without saying "They should have let him retire at the end of the season". Really? Is their fucking football team more important in this matter?

And to be honest, the media has not been helping this situation that much either. I was appalled that at the press conference where they announced the firing of both the President and Paterno, that the FIRST question asked by a reporter was "Who will be coaching Saturday?".

The simple answer, yes, the football team is.
02:03 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
No Avatar Selected
Greensboro, NC
Male - 25 Years Old
I don't think a kid with a cut on his eye compares to this. I understand your point and all, but if there is a member of your staff that is being accused on sexually assaulting young boys, you don't just let it slide under the door. You don't just tell your "superior" and then act like nothing happened. With the acquisitions and investigations surround Sandusky, JoePa should've have felt obligated, on behalf of the children and the university, to step in and take serious action. This isn't some petty crime that was ignored. It was the sexual abuse of young boys. Even if JoePa didn't fully know everything, the fact that there was suspicion surrounding Sandusky is enough to thoroughly investigate the situation. You don't risk it getting out of hand, as we now know it did. Everyone involved in the program should be let go. There's no excuse to not look into the situation more than they did.
02:16 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
I don't think a kid with a cut on his eye compares to this. I understand your point and all, but if there is a member of your staff that is being accused on sexually assaulting young boys, you don't just let it slide under the door. You don't just tell your "superior" and then act like nothing happened. With the acquisitions and investigations surround Sandusky, JoePa should've have felt obligated, on behalf of the children and the university, to step in and take serious action. This isn't some petty crime that was ignored. It was the sexual abuse of young boys. Even if JoePa didn't fully know everything, the fact that there was suspicion surrounding Sandusky is enough to thoroughly investigate the situation. You don't risk it getting out of hand, as we now know it did. Everyone involved in the program should be let go. There's no excuse to not look into the situation more than they did.

Yeah, what he saw was pretty intense. It's not something that anyone could take lightly. Especially from someone who had a very good relationship with Paterno. It wasn't some random kid that told him.
02:18 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
xbrokendownx
Lets Go.
Southampton, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
Platinum Member
so what is the story with the dead prosecutor? is anyone talking about that?

i just saw this:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ay_gricar.html
02:19 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 25 Years Old
but, if he didn't know what was going on (ie he didn't see anything, only heard rumors and allegations) and told a superior, wouldn't he have expected the situation to be handled by said superior? it's not exactly in his job description to investigate his staff. i'm not saying he did everything the right way, but did he deserve to lose his job two months before he planned to retire due to the actions of one of his coaches outside of anything to do with the college or football program? probably not. i don't know a ton about the situation, but it seems like a very rash decision to fire him now, particularly if there's a chance of it being determined that he didn't actually do anything wrong later down the line. it's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" idea that we desire in a fair court system. i know it's not a court, but you should be able to see the parallel in the ideal.
02:20 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
so what is the story with the dead prosecutor? is anyone talking about that?

i just saw this:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ay_gricar.html

I really really don't think there's any connection. He was the prosecuyet in 1998. He dropped it, years later he gets murdered. The guy prosecuted some pretty bad criminals, based on what I've read. I'm sure it was one of them.

Years later, this all comes out. Just a coincidence.

Also next story down says its not the guy. That was literally the worst "journalism" I have seen in, I think ever.
02:21 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
esposimi
The Human Fund
Harrisburg, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Today's front page of newspapers around here.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos