Username
Password

01:25 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
Today's front page of newspapers around here.

That's a lot of sex abuse for one day.

Also, carjackers strike?
01:30 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
esposimi
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
Lancaster, PA
Male - 23 Years Old
That's a lot of sex abuse for one day.

Also, carjackers strike?

Only in Lancaster, PA!
01:31 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
but, if he didn't know what was going on (ie he didn't see anything, only heard rumors and allegations) and told a superior, wouldn't he have expected the situation to be handled by said superior? it's not exactly in his job description to investigate his staff. i'm not saying he did everything the right way, but did he deserve to lose his job two months before he planned to retire due to the actions of one of his coaches outside of anything to do with the college or football program? probably not. i don't know a ton about the situation, but it seems like a very rash decision to fire him now, particularly if there's a chance of it being determined that he didn't actually do anything wrong later down the line. it's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" idea that we desire in a fair court system. i know it's not a court, but you should be able to see the parallel in the ideal.

But there was an investigation in 1998 due to suspicion of Sandusky being involved in such behaviors. And then 4 years later, one of your graduate assistants comes to you and says he saw Sandusky in the shower with a child. Those 2 things are enough to not want this man around your program or university.
01:39 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old
But there was an investigation in 1998 due to suspicion of Sandusky being involved in such behaviors that Paterno didn't know about. And then, 4 years later, one of your graduate assistants comes to you and says he saw Sandusky in the shower with a child. There's one thing that might be enough to not want this man around your program or university, if the allegation was found to be true after investigation.
fixed.

source (with some pretty good points): http://www.huffingtonpost.com/onward...b_1085201.html
01:46 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old

I guess we'll just have to wait and see what all he did know. I personally find it very hard to believe that JoePa didn't know anything about the allegations against one of his coaches. If he didn't, it's pretty sad that this wasn't made a bigger issue than it was within the university. If a staff member is being investigated for sexual abuse against children, it should be well-known by the man who employees him.
01:48 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
bobsheiskawy
www.facebook.com/misewell
Male - 24 Years Old
I guess we'll just have to wait and see what all he did know. I personally find it very hard to believe that JoePa didn't know anything about the allegations against one of his coaches. If he didn't, it's pretty sad that this wasn't made a bigger issue than it was within the university. If a staff member is being investigated for sexual abuse against children, it should be well-known by the man who employees him.
i mean, if the charges never came to anything, how would he know?
02:11 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
i mean, if the charges never came to anything, how would he know?

As I said before, I just find it hard to believe that acquisitions as serious as child molestation would go unnoticed by his employer. And if it did, it's still sad.

We disagree on this and that is that.
03:19 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
mht
so what is the story with the dead prosecutor? is anyone talking about that?

i just saw this:

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...ay_gricar.html

this dude's computer was found in the Susquehanna River and his car was found in Lewisburg PA. Both are close to my hometown, this was a relatively big deal back when it happened. FBI was brought it for a missing persons case.

they never found a body, and "reported him deceased" after years of investigating.

he's connected now because i'm not sure how much of the public knew about the depth of this sandusky case, and how this guy refused to prosecute, for whatever reason.
03:23 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
mht
correct me if i'm wrong but i am pretty sure Sandusky was a teacher and had an office on campus well after 1998/2002 whatever he stopped associating with the football team.

people think once he was done from the team, that he was gone/retired/whatever.

pretty sure they gave him an office on campus and he was like a teacher and stuff well after all of this. people think he just disappeared, nobody mentions how the campus still let him hang out many years after all this. Its something they are doing a good job of hiding.

People act shocked when guys like Paul Poz say he saw Sandusky around well after 2002. No shit.
03:27 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
correct me if i'm wrong but i am pretty sure Sandusky was a teacher and had an office on campus well after 1998/2002 whatever he stopped associating with the football team.

people think once he was done from the team, that he was gone/retired/whatever.

pretty sure they gave him an office on campus and he was like a teacher and stuff well after all of this. people think he just disappeared, nobody mentions how the campus still let him hang out many years after all this. Its something they are doing a good job of hiding.

People act shocked when guys like Paul Poz say he saw Sandusky around well after 2002. No shit.

He was on campus last week and has had an office across the street from the football offices the whole time.
03:29 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
mht
right, that's my point. not many people know that fact. constant questions to NFL players that used to play at Penn State were

"have you seen Sandusky around even though he was retired when you were playing at Penn State in 2005."

and when they say, well yea, the people asking the questions act so shocked.
03:32 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
I honestly am nonplused at how this even a debate. It seems like there is only one side of the fence to be on here
03:38 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
livethesounds
from worst...to...not worst?
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
alright, i jsut got off work and haven't done any research on this, but i heard on the new radio that there were reports that

1) The San Antonio Police Department has opened up an investigation on Sandusky. Apparently it's reported that He brought along a child for his final game in 99 (a win over Texas A&M in the Alamo Bowl) to San Antonio.

2) Reports suggest Sandusky might have been selling children to other penn state boosters and wealthy men around the state. basically a child pimp.

again, i just heard this on the radio. i'm assuming the San Antonio report is true, but the other one i don't even know what to think about.
03:39 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
livethesounds
from worst...to...not worst?
San Antonio, TX
Male - 29 Years Old
I honestly am nonplused at how this even a debate. It seems like there is only one side of the fence to be on here

is there a debate? who's for child molestation?
03:41 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
SgtSmegma
When I fly solo, I fly so high
Fayetteville, AR
Male - 26 Years Old
is there a debate? who's for child molestation?

Not pro molestation, but people outraged that JoePa got fired

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version