Username
Password

04:42 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
UnderMyDreams
No Avatar Selected
University Park, PA
Male - 24 Years Old
he was still teaching,still had an office at penn state, and was probably making money from his second mile stuff.

like it was said, he was spotted buying soft pretzels hanging out on campus last week? what do you think he was doing that FOR free? I think he was fine financially.

Well sure he was fine financially. Doesn't change the fact that it doesn't really make sense that he would quit just for no real reason, especislly directly after the charges
04:44 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
mht
there are plenty of reasons for him to "retire"

i just explained them
05:30 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
neo506
Ten Stories
Greensboro, NC
Male - 28 Years Old
Sandusky Is Rumored To Have 'Pimped' Boys To Donors
05:30 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
QuikTrig
Male - 26 Years Old
i understand the paterno outlash but jesus christ. it's as if people forget who the hell scumbag sandusky even is.

at work today, two of my attorney's, who aren't huge sports fans, were talking about the PSU scandal and about how the coach was fired. one brought up sandusky and the other said "who?".

this is bigger tha paterno. people need to lay of him and just be pissed off, in general. i feel like he's getting more flack than the guy who actually committed the crimes
08:09 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
SmittyMA
You think you know me?
NCAA shouldn't be involved to be honest.

Thank you for saying it for me. NCAA should stay out of this shit. This isnt a program problem, it's deeper than that.
08:16 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
Well, if it's true that Sandusky was "pimping out" kids to boosters, can't the NCAA technically get involved?
08:55 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
ghostyouare
/flex
Rand Mcnally
Male - 26 Years Old
Only in Lancaster, PA!

LMHS = Lancaster Mennonite High School? I'm guessing my the beard and being in Lancaster that that's the case.

Edit: I'm brilliant, I should have just enlarged it. Points for being right though. w00t.
09:49 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
trolland10
Listen to Limbeck
Naperville, Il
Male - 20 Years Old

if this turns out to be true, this is going to blow the scandal wide open. this whole thing is just disgusting.

this is the grand jury report if you haven't read it yet
http://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uploa...resentment.pdf
10:15 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
Well, if it's true that Sandusky was "pimping out" kids to boosters, can't the NCAA technically get involved?

First off, the word boosters was never mentioned. Neither was who the donors were donating to. Penn State or Second Mile?
10:25 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
about3fitty
Registered Member
i understand the paterno outlash but jesus christ. it's as if people forget who the hell scumbag sandusky even is.

at work today, two of my attorney's, who aren't huge sports fans, were talking about the PSU scandal and about how the coach was fired. one brought up sandusky and the other said "who?".

this is bigger tha paterno. people need to lay of him and just be pissed off, in general. i feel like he's getting more flack than the guy who actually committed the crimes

agree with this
10:32 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
kianacarly
I'm feeling strong and moving on
Oregon
Female - 21 Years Old
but, if he didn't know what was going on (ie he didn't see anything, only heard rumors and allegations) and told a superior, wouldn't he have expected the situation to be handled by said superior? it's not exactly in his job description to investigate his staff. i'm not saying he did everything the right way, but did he deserve to lose his job two months before he planned to retire due to the actions of one of his coaches outside of anything to do with the college or football program? probably not. i don't know a ton about the situation, but it seems like a very rash decision to fire him now, particularly if there's a chance of it being determined that he didn't actually do anything wrong later down the line. it's the whole "innocent until proven guilty" idea that we desire in a fair court system. i know it's not a court, but you should be able to see the parallel in the ideal.

No. Disagree so much. The fact that he didn't contact the police or even follow up on the incident is disgusting. He didn't deserve the 'dignity' of retiring.
10:52 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
Question 1: Why were no criminal charges charged in 1998? At all? With no law stipulations attached to it?
Question 2: If Second Mile was notified in 2002, why did Second Mile keep him on for 6 more years?

that is all for now.
10:55 PM on 11/10/11 
User Info.
domotime2
New Jersey
Male - 27 Years Old
as for the joe paterno issue...it's settled. he's fired. we can go back and forth about if he should've been fired NOW or fired on Monday or in January...but its over. Of course we can forever argue about his "legacy", long after the man passes on. But we can move on and talk about bigger things now. The Joe-Pa angle is a AMAZINGLY HUGE sports story, dont get me wrong. But now we can focues on the AMAZINGLY LARGE real-life story instead. The gap between 2002-2008.
06:44 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Tyler Vagyler
Tight Dick Playa
Greensboro, NC
Male - 24 Years Old
First off, the word boosters was never mentioned. Neither was who the donors were donating to. Penn State or Second Mile?

I read an article somewhere that had the word "boosters" in it when talkingbabout the pimping out of kids. I'm not saying it's true or anything...but if it is, could the NCAA get involved?
06:45 AM on 11/11/11 
User Info.
Killadelphia
I read an article somewhere that had the word "boosters" in it when talkingbabout the pimping out of kids. I'm not saying it's true or anything...but if it is, could the NCAA get involved?

99% of reports never mentioned boosters

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version