1. How did you get your band name?
Just in thinking about radio music today, and the idea that it seems to be run by evil overlords who hate good music.
2. How did this band get started?
Developed from a duo, acoustic-folk project between Stephen Kent and Pat Boyd.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Against Me!, Jawbreaker, Blur, The Gaslight Anthem, Alkaline Trio, Jimmy Eat World.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
SHARKS, Gaslight Anthem, Against Me. Because these bands are redefining music and what it means to be a punk musician.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
6. Why should people listen to your band?
I hate the notion that people need a REASON to listen to a new band. IF you are music lover, you want to expand your library by nature, not force or persuasion.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
One that plays for love of the game, not contracts for millions a season.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Fans. But we all know that punk music listeners would abandon any band that went as far as the Grammys - that would be selling out, I'm willing to guess. And the Grammy judges, for adding us to the list of god awful musicians that are usually nominated for a Grammy.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would return it to an industry that hails musicians for songs they write that break ground, not sell records.
10. Memorable tour experience?
None yet, soon.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its an honorable internet publication for music that matters, for the most part. I'm pretty sure Coldplay does not matter.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Our song "Howl."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
The OuterBanks of NC.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
90's alternative. Staind, Bush, Oasis, Matchbox 20.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Magentism, Magneto is a champ.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
In my first band, we used to pray to Syn Gates of Avenged Sevenfold, for all his grace and power. We did the Lord's Prayer, except with Avenged Sevenfold references. It was odd.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I want to be a politician.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Satellite radio has made that possible, FM stations are doomed to a mediocre existence.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I play music, cause my main time is spent with my beautiful wife and daughter.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can recite the entire intro sequence to Star Wars IV.