AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 34
05:55 PM on 11/13/11
grimis16
User Info.
MW3 might be same old same old, but so is Battlefield. And MW has always been much better than Battlefield, so seeing that neither made much improvement MW3 is the better game.

(Only played both on 360) For one, Battlefield has A TON of terrible glitches and bugs. During a cinematic my whole screen went black and all I did was hear the audio. There were parts where the AI models were just floating in space, and then dropped to the ground. MP invites campers and being a noob and behind all those who are leveled up, there is a big learning curve. The SP is nothing special, and some of the levels, like Comrades, the graphics look near identical to Mirrors Edge which was released 3 years ago (though Mirrors Edge was my favorite game of 08). The graphics are nothing better than anything else on the market...just look at the draw distance when you are sniping on top of the building during the first mission...looks HORRIBLE. And shit, I didn't even mention the choppy framerate.

Honestly don't understand how people love Battlefield, I just figure they just want to hate on MW and now that they wasted their money they have to back up their bad decision.

MW3>Battlefield
05:55 PM on 11/13/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Hackers are capable doing awesome things but more often than not they fucking suck.
06:05 PM on 11/13/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
MW3 might be same old same old, but so is Battlefield. And MW has always been much better than Battlefield, so seeing that neither made much improvement MW3 is the better game.

(Only played both on 360) For one, Battlefield has A TON of terrible glitches and bugs. During a cinematic my whole screen went black and all I did was hear the audio. There were parts where the AI models were just floating in space, and then dropped to the ground. MP invites campers and being a noob and behind all those who are leveled up, there is a big learning curve. The SP is nothing special, and some of the levels, like Comrades, the graphics look near identical to Mirrors Edge which was released 3 years ago (though Mirrors Edge was my favorite game of 08). The graphics are nothing better than anything else on the market...just look at the draw distance when you are sniping on top of the building during the first mission...looks HORRIBLE. And shit, I didn't even mention the choppy framerate.

Honestly don't understand how people love Battlefield, I just figure they just want to hate on MW and now that they wasted their money they have to back up their bad decision.

MW3>Battlefield
Bugs happen in everything. Your basis of what's better is a matter of opinion.

You played Battlefield 3 on consoles which is not the premier battlefield experience. BF3's multiplayer on PC is hard to match considering its gigantic maps and 64 player multiplayer. PC has constant updates to the bugs and glitches and their online community is better than most. Also, did you download the texture pack for BF3 on 360? I thought it came with it when you bought it.

And having played both, the Single player campaigns for both games suck. These games aren't suited for single player. Games like Bioshock and Metro: Last Light are built for single player. Single player on a multiplayer heavy game is just a glorified tech demo for whatever new engine they're using.
06:42 PM on 11/13/11
grimis16
User Info.
Bugs happen in everything. Your basis of what's better is a matter of opinion.

You played Battlefield 3 on consoles which is not the premier battlefield experience. BF3's multiplayer on PC is hard to match considering its gigantic maps and 64 player multiplayer. PC has constant updates to the bugs and glitches and their online community is better than most. Also, did you download the texture pack for BF3 on 360? I thought it came with it when you bought it.

And having played both, the Single player campaigns for both games suck. These games aren't suited for single player. Games like Bioshock and Metro: Last Light are built for single player. Single player on a multiplayer heavy game is just a glorified tech demo for whatever new engine they're using.
Well most people arent playing MW3 and Battlefield on PC, they are playing them on consoles. As far as bugs and glitches, most premier games don't have them, at least to the extreme as Battlefield (and yes I downloaded that patch).
06:44 PM on 11/13/11
Spencer Control
So it goes.
User Info.
I've decided that even if I don't have any comments on the above news to make, I will always stop by to thank you for compiling this.

So, thank you.
07:33 PM on 11/13/11
WeltallAY
Je suis l'Alpha et l'Oméga
User Info.
Yeah they're such fake games
Lol, I was definitely exaggerating but I'll 100% admit that if I'm talking to someone about video games and the only ones they say they like are anything sports or military shooters I can't help but be uninterested. I'm not trying to be a prick but it feels like world's apart. I play video games for unique stories and to encounter situations I wouldn't in real life (not to say that I'd be in the military in real life). Especially sports, I don't like them in real life either but I'd rather particpate than play them as a video game.
07:51 PM on 11/13/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
Well most people arent playing MW3 and Battlefield on PC, they are playing them on consoles. As far as bugs and glitches, most premier games don't have them, at least to the extreme as Battlefield (and yes I downloaded that patch).
Battlefield has a gigantic PC following. That's where battlefield's primary source of income comes from.
09:54 PM on 11/13/11
grimis16
User Info.
Battlefield has a gigantic PC following. That's where battlefield's primary source of income comes from.
True, I realize this. But as far as mainstream, when people debate about the games they are comparing the console ones.
09:57 PM on 11/13/11
slimfenix182
Registered Member
User Info.
I picked up Super Mario 3d land today, I love it so far.

this, played for 2 hours straight so far. beautiful game.
10:00 PM on 11/13/11
anthonydarko
Fight Milk
User Info.
Thanks for the kind words guys!
10:05 PM on 11/13/11
RyanFTW
ATTACK POP PUNK
User Info.
True, I realize this. But as far as mainstream, when people debate about the games they are comparing the console ones.
The only reason for all the bugs is because it was the first game using the Frostbite 2 engine. A new engine always needs a shitload of tweaks when it first starts out. It's too bad they couldn't tweak it more but they're improving it every day and getting as many updates as possible. At least they're willing to try and improve.

And as far as the balancing issues.. I agree that snipers are the lowest form of life but you feel better once you learn to beat them properly.
01:56 AM on 11/14/11
BlinkMe18278
User Info.
no love for UMVC3 releasing this week??
05:12 AM on 11/14/11
Burnout2888
...has a gambling problem
User Info.
no love for UMVC3 releasing this week??

None deserved, Capcom screwed its fanbase pretty hard with this release. Promised to fix the original's online mode and rebalance it, which never happened. Instead, nine months later, this comes out. Hence why some people are skeptical about SF x Tekken. Why buy it day one when the fixes will be released as a new title in less than a year?

This coming from a HUGE fan of the core gameplay of MvC 3.
06:13 AM on 11/14/11
youenvydoug
I am the Champion. You are not.
User Info.
Battlefield should only be played on the PC.
08:36 AM on 11/14/11
woominlee2
Always a student of life.
User Info.
This was a great roundup.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT