Username
Password
Bayside News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bayside
Inside AP.net

Bayside Members Start Radio Show

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (11/14/11)
Bayside's Anthony Raneri and bassist Nick Ghanbarian have started a radio show entitled Gumshoe Radio on idobiradio. It airs Friday nights from 7pm to 9pm EST. Details in the replies.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 17
12:59 PM on 11/14/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.

Press ReleaseWhile most bands are “talked about” in the media, New York’s indie rockers BAYSIDE are going to do the talking instead. Vocalist/guitarist Anthony Raneri and bassist Nick Ghanbarian have announced the creation of “GUMSHOE RADIO”, a new internet radio show, airing Friday nights from 7pm to 9pm EST on idobiradio. “The best way to describe the show is to say that it's a live audio version of a blog,” says Raneri. “Whatever we are thinking about, discussing or listening to through the week that we want to share our knowledge or opinions on, we'll discuss on the show. It is basically a mix of a blog and a news site but on radio with lots of music.”

Over the course of the two hour program, the opinionated and outspoken hosts will engage in topical discussions about current events and subjects that are popping in alternative culture. “We really are here to entertain ourselves and the listeners,” he continues. “We want to not only give everyone something fun to listen to for a few hours on Friday but also spark a conversation on a subject or a new band for their whole weekend.” Instead of traditional radio formats that revolve around the same 20 to 30 songs replayed over the course of a day, Raneri and Ghanbarian will control the content of their playlists and playing whatever songs strike their fancy from classic punk to alternative, and introducing listeners to the newest bands in the underground, which will be showcased in the “New Music” segment.

Kicking off this Friday, November 18th, episodes of Gumshoe Radio will be taped the same week that they air to ensure that the news and discussions are up-to-date and relevant. “I think that between our blogs, twitters and all the interviews we do, we have realized that people really enjoy what we have to say about things,” Raneri explains. “Our take on different music and entertainment subjects and what music we're into at the moment has been a pretty hot topic for a couple of years now. We figured it would be fun to do a radio show and give our opinions on things and play a bunch of music that we dig.”

Hosted by insiders with a unique point of view and a special relationship to the industry and bands that they are discussing, Gumshoe Radio will be far more than just a platform for the band to discuss what’s on their own minds. In addition to weekly special guests and fresh playlists, Raneri and Ghanbarian plan to include interesting dialogue spanning the world of music, entertainment, and sports and while being stimulated and educated on topical discussions on current events. “Nick and I were sitting on a park bench in Boise, Idaho brainstorming names,” explains Raneri about the show’s name. “We thought Gumshoe was a good one and it fits the shows detective like feel. We basically spend weeks digging for facts and answers, and giving them to the listeners.”
01:02 PM on 11/14/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Will tune in, sounds awesome.
01:03 PM on 11/14/11
koryoreo
Fuck You Seattle
User Info.
Stoked for this. Always love to hear Anthony and Nick's opinions on the state of music, new music and other things. This should be good.
01:06 PM on 11/14/11
hiya
User Info.
It's awesome how much idobi has grown in the past few years, the addition of this show rules.
01:06 PM on 11/14/11
defy_stars
midnight nuisance
User Info.
pssst Alex you put "Gumshow" instead of "Gumshoe" in the main post ;D

Also, this should be interesting, I will definitely listen.
01:13 PM on 11/14/11
The Gunz Show
twitter.com/thegunzshow
User Info.
stoked to have you guys on the station! welcome aboard!

the.gunz show and gumshoe radio. taking over your airwaves!

- Gunz
01:16 PM on 11/14/11
ratsevif
Idobi Radio Photographer
User Info.
I'm pretty stoked about this. I'm glad to be a part of the idobi family.
02:13 PM on 11/14/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
Hell yeah! This is gonna rule
02:18 PM on 11/14/11
TylerFindsNorth
User Info.
So cool.
02:58 PM on 11/14/11
bojl
asdf
User Info.
Nice!
03:06 PM on 11/14/11
sean_a26
User Info.
any chance of this being podcasted? would love it cause i want to hear this so bad. love IAmAnthony
03:11 PM on 11/14/11
Xx sorrow xX
poof
User Info.
Awesome, will listen
04:59 PM on 11/14/11
rob_mylo
@itstherobster
User Info.
any chance of this being podcasted? would love it cause i want to hear this so bad. love IAmAnthony
exactly what i was thinkin
06:03 PM on 11/14/11
snowboarderkid
Registered Member
User Info.
So glad idobi is still around and growing
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates