1. How did you get your band name?
After a couple of drinks and about 100 tries, we finally got "reaccion" (reaction) so we decided to include the "directa" (direct) at the end. It's pretty interesting because our lyrics are about social conscience, and all the things that we fight for are a "direct reaction" of anything that is wrong in the world and favors the wealthy class.
2. How did this band get started?
The band started as a friend's project. After a couple of years playing at parties and stuff like that, we decided to make this a serious thing, so we started to practice and study our feedback. In 2008 we got on track and started playing again in small venues. That's when some promoters saw us and gave us the chance to play with The Misfits in 2008 - we couldn't believe it. At that time we realized that we needed to improve a lot, which we did with hard work and patience.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We listened to a bunch of bands of any genre - punk, grunge, metal, etc., but the bands who most influenced on us are Rise Against, Pennywise, Anti Flag, Face to Face, Good Riddance and the like. Also bands from Latin America like Attaque 77 and 2 Minutos.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Rise Against, for us these guys are not just a big influence on our music, they have something pretty special in their music style. Tim's lyrics are incredible, they take that kind of punk rock to another level. That's why they are on the top right now.
Anti Flag, because the social commitment that these guys have is a true inspiration for us. In the music world a band that doesn't have stupid lyrics about partying, sex, etc. is not very well received, and these guys "made it" with honest music and believing in themselves.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Spaghetti is the most easy meal that you can ever do on road.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Really don't know, I only can say that we play as hard and fast as we can, we play honest music and don't give a *** if people think that music in another language than english sucks. Check us out and maybe you will see that the people who that talk crap are wrong and have squared minds.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Maradona I think.
8. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Decentralize the media. Any band that works hard and fights for their dreams deserves the opportunity to be heard.
9. Memorable tour experience?
Costa Rica Punk Rock Fest with Millencolin, A Wilhelm Scream and After the Fall - all bunch of cool guys. We became great friends with the guys from After the Fall and A Wilhelm Scream.
10. What does AP.net mean to you?
An alternative for music exposure, one of the few honest sites who support any band no matter where they came from.
11. What is your favorite song to play?
"Desadaptado," our first single from the Last EP, people go crazy with that song.
12. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Guanacaste, one of the most beautiful places in the American Continent.
13. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Green Day, Bad Religion, Pearl Jam, Metallica.
14. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Superman powers, don't know haha, Superman rocks.
15. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No more than 3 beers before shows.
16. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Most of the song ideas always come out on the classroom at the University.
17. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Don't know, internet rules the world right now, so if you have a small chance to put your music on any site, go for it.
18. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Spend quality time with my family and friends, do nothing, play ps3 and stuff like that.
19. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
I can draw pretty well, I'm a freelance graphic designer.