AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Signing News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Birds In Row Sign To Deathwish

Posted by - 05:28 PM on 11/17/11
Congrats to Birds In Row who have just signed to Deathwish Records.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 19
05:29 PM on 11/17/11
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Part still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor and part ridiculously excited. So awesome...I knew it was only a matter of time.
05:39 PM on 11/17/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Nice, you don't see a lot of bands with this kind of musical style come from France. I would like to know what the scene is like over there. I Wonder why they don't have their lyrics in french though. They've got that as cities burn kinda vibe to me. The sounds of single coil pickups ripping through vintage tube amps.
06:02 PM on 11/17/11
*Ro'
twitter.com/romainjeanticou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The collection LP is streaming on our site:
http://www.alternativnews.com/2011/1...collected.html
06:23 PM on 11/17/11
Dre Okorley
@dreudangers
User Info.
Nice, you don't see a lot of bands with this kind of musical style come from France. I would like to know what the scene is like over there. I Wonder why they don't have their lyrics in french though. They've got that as cities burn kinda vibe to me. The sounds of single coil pickups ripping through vintage tube amps.
Unfortunately, many prefer not to venture out and listen to lyrics that they don't understand. Using English makes the music more accessible and more likely to be heard by big (underground) labels, like Deathwish.
06:54 PM on 11/17/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Unfortunately, many prefer not to venture out and listen to lyrics that they don't understand. Using English makes the music more accessible and more likely to be heard by big (underground) labels, like Deathwish.
Yeah it makes sense especially if your going to be on an American label and all. Even in france they are all taught english at a young age and are fluent so it must work best.
07:12 PM on 11/17/11
HitchinARide
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Not all of French people are fluent, far from it actually. We might be one of the worst European country in this regard. If you'd like to hear a band not too far from Birds In Row's style and that sings in French, I suggest Daïtro (daitro.com)
07:55 PM on 11/17/11
iAMhollyood315
Rest is for the dead
User Info.
Not all of French people are fluent, far from it actually. We might be one of the worst European country in this regard. If you'd like to hear a band not too far from Birds In Row's style and that sings in French, I suggest Daïtro (daitro.com)
oh yeah? interesting. I guess I kind of assumed that but since your from Paris I'll take your word for it haha. I'll check that band out. Merci Beaucoup :)
08:06 PM on 11/17/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I would have assumed that anyone with an interest (or like me, newly interested) in this band is pretty up to speed on their European skramz already.
08:31 PM on 11/17/11
incognitojones
http://auburn-hills.tumblr.com/
User Info.
Awesome, these dudes rule.
10:05 PM on 11/17/11
InTheatersNow
Suck My Balls
User Info.
Just listened to the collection and it is tits.
02:17 AM on 11/18/11
*Ro'
twitter.com/romainjeanticou
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Will reply to that later.

An interview with the band will be online this weekend.
06:56 AM on 11/18/11
Sylvain from AN
User Info.
Actually there are many bands like that in France : Mihai Edrisch, Celeste, Amanda Woodward, Sed Non Satiata, Le Pré Où Je Suis Mort, Gantz, Year Of No Light, My Own Private Alaska, The Third Memory, Microfilm, Daïtro...
07:54 AM on 11/18/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
This is great.
03:31 PM on 11/18/11
duffe
_________________________ _____
User Info.
awesome news for them.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News