|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
1. How did you get your band name?
We were just sitting in our rehearsal room and it came to the point where we were just calling out random names, and for some reason StayOkay just stood out. It probably just rhymed with something we said before so we went with it…
2. How did this band get started?
A few of us were asked to join a band in school. When we were trying out some guy for guitar, his friend Timmy came along with him, and it turned out he was a pretty good singer, so we kept him! We only started to get serious though when we got introduced to Irtiza, our guitarist, about a year ago though.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
We've got an unlikely mix of influences, it's a mix between country music, pop, punk, and most things.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Taylor Swift. Just because she plays to sold out arenas all over the world every night, and that'd be cool I guess.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Breakfast cereal (Special K) and nerdz. The only way to go.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
We'd like to think people could relate to it. We're just 4 normal guys and it's all honest, so we're sure most people our age are going through the same things we write about. It's just fun music too, no egos!
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Patrick Chan, the world champion figure skater...
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Get people to buy actual CDs again!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Dressing up in rabbit costumes in Belfast. Carrots and everything.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A good source for finding really great new music. The writers on there actually like real music too and care about it, that's an essential thing.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
The title track of our first EP, "Time To Grow." We usually finish with that song, and we have a cool outro that goes with it too.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Anywhere warm and where it doesn't rain…so pretty much anywhere that's not Ireland.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Garth Brooks and The Eagles!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Timmy says he'd like to fly, so he could go anywhere…cause he's a terrible driver. Kev would rather be a shapeshifter. Then he could just turn into a bird and could fly, or turn into anything else!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Stretches. Lots and lots of stretches. Can't risk pulling a hammy on stage.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
We practice naked...
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
We've kinda noticed a lot more bands playing live on radio lately, around Ireland at least. Some bands have done radio tours and stuff like that. It's still a great place for music though.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Eat, sleep, and sometimes do college work. We're not that exciting really.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Kev can solve a rubik's cube in a minute and Timmy can make fart noises with his eye…pretty impressive right!?
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |