06:43 PM on 11/19/11
Life In General Track-by-Track
1. Middlename: A song written by a very young and rebellious teen punker. Looking for a home, for a place to fit in.
2. My Mom Still Cleans My Room: This is a song about home life, not so much about my room or it being cleaned by my mom. It describes my personality, or at the very least how I saw myself as I was way back when.
3. Do Your Feet Hurt: This is a hopeless romantic song I wrote to pick up girls. I think it worked a few times.
4. Sometimes You Have to Ask Yourself: This is a song touching on philosophy and the meaning of life. How the powers that be don't want what's best for US, just THEM and more.
5. The Wonder Years: This is about how we all as humans go through similar experiences while feeling like we're the only ones on the planet going through them.
6. Move to Bremerton: Came up with this idea after playing a really great show in Phoenix, AZ on one of our first couple tours. Just a funny idea for a song that people really seemed to have enjoyed over the years. We even got the Key to the City of Bremerton, WA because of this song.
7. New York to Nowhere: Because this was the first album written after we started touring full-time there's some songs about traveling or about things that happened to us while traveling. This is about one of those times. We were on a drive straight from New York City to a very small and smelly town in Illinois, when the whole interstate in Pennsylvania came to a halt due to a huge blizzard. Our van was parked on the highway with our fellow travelers for hours. We were running our engine to stay warm. I pulled out my guitar and wrote this song.
8. Andrea: This was a girlfriend song, now it's an ex-girlfriend song. It's about when we met.
9. Your Problem, My Emergency: We were becoming more and more known in the punk community and with that came a whole lot of left field criticism about how we were sell outs and this and that. I was reacting to all that by writing songs.
10. Chick Magnet: Just a fun idea for a song. Have you seen the video?
11. Today Is in My Way: A song about a bad day. A day in my way. But we all get through them. Until one day we don't… but that's life, and death...
12. Sorry So Sorry: Another touring song. This time the subject is band fights and yelling matches. We got over it!
13. Doing Time: I love to talk about the good ole' days. This one is about some of those and some of the not so good ole' days. High School can be a drag. Being young and not knowing where or even IF you fit in the world is a drag too.
14. Correct Me If I'm Wrong: This is for encouragement. You take it where you want to go.
15. Cristalena: My senior year of high school the band was getting busy and becoming known around my school. My friend, classmate and coworker said to me, "write a song about me!" I replied with a silly song about her.
16. Destroyed by You: This is about a relationship that ended, high school era. It all came down on the night of my senior prom. Na Na Na Na.
17. Southbound: After touring a while, many towns start to blur together. But heading down to sunny southern California from our small rainy town of Bremerton, WA was always so exciting. It was Los Angeles and Orange County, we made new friends and so many great memories. Good times.