AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Album Review
Hint: Follow a reviewer to be notified when they post reviews.
Exit Radio, The - Alive at Sunrise Album Cover
Author's Rating
Vocals 8.25
Musicianship 8.75
Lyrics 7
Production 7.25
Creativity 7.75
Lasting Value 8.75
Reviewer Tilt 9.25
Final Verdict: 81%
Member Ratings
No one has rated this album. You can be the first.
Inside AP.net

Exit Radio, The - Alive at Sunrise

Reviewed by: tm decomposer (07/14/07)
The Exit Radio- Alive at Sunrise
Released: September 11, 2007
Label: 111 Records

To many people, the name The Exit Radio may not sound familiar. Its because 111 Records band Mashlin has changed their name and has brought forward to us Alive at Sunrise. Throughout The Exit Radio's profession, they released an highly debut LP Pushing Through The Seasons that got many people excited to hear what would come next. After two years of label trouble, they give you the free EP Alive at Sunrise.

This four piece act first brings to the table the aggressive opening track "Faster". A very upbeat catchy song that vents out the troubles they have faced in the past years. The song sums up how fast the EP really is. "Until I Stood No More" starts off with a jazzy vocal rhythm when vocalist Aaron Harvey tricks us and brings back some aggression with the line "all hell, we're gonna die." "Elizabeth" is a love letter back and forth from Aaron's words. Harvey just keeps telling this girl how badly he misses her and how everything will be alright. Hinting "my tired throat has sang its final song" it looks like Elizabeth will be seen. The last two tracks of this recording "Life Is Just A Second" and "Fate Is A Killing Machine" just sum up the rest of the ep with catchy upbeat rock.

Overall, I've been waiting for new sound from The Exit Radio aka Mashlin. From an LP that had many moods and different feelings in each song to a very upbeat faster EP. From what I heard, I am becoming very excited for The Exit Radio's LP in 2007*. For now, let your ears feast on Alive at Sunrise.

Fans of:This Day and Age, Mashlin, a really good Mae, and aggressive music.

DOWNLOAD IT FOR FREE ON AP

Listen:Myspacel Purevolume

No one has commented on this album review.
You can be the first.
Options
More From This Author
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums