AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
Me Without You News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 54.
01:14 PM on 11/21/11
S1NCE_ALWAYS
User Info.
mewithoutyou opening for Brand New...who could see that coming?
I saw mewithoutYou open for Brand New in 09'. The Dear Hunter also opened. somewhere in CT.
01:15 PM on 11/21/11
mister fresh
nightynightmedia.com
User Info.
brand new needs to come back to chicago already. and bring these openers along :)
01:17 PM on 11/21/11
sargentlgfuad
water me
User Info.
OK that might have been a slight overreaction... I'm just surprised.. Personally, if I had to pick the odd ball out of those 3 bands I'd say it was mewithoutyou.

Have you listened to O' Brothers new cd? I wouldn't classify them as a jam band

Why should mewithoutYou come after O'Brother? O'Brother just released their debut album I believe, whereas mewithoutYou has been around for a decade.

And I've never listened to them on CD before, I've just seen them live twice and each time was equally forgettable. You couldn't hear the lead singer when he even sang, and they just went into ridiculously long jam sessions. They're not a bad band in any sense, but there are so many more deserving bands and I'm sick of seeing them open for every great band recently, especially when they don't even put on a good show.
02:00 PM on 11/21/11
collinsurvive
and to the glorious past
User Info.
I wish I could be at this show.
Really wanna hear new mwy
Not to mention, both O'Brother and Brand New put on a killer live set, check out O'Brother if you've just been living under a rock here lately.
02:08 PM on 11/21/11
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
Some things that need to be sorted out after reading this thread:

1) O'Brother kills it on record, and they're solid live. But if you're not really into or acclimated to post-metal-type stuff, I can understand the distaste.

2) As solid as the openers are for the Long Island shows (and how happy I am for a genuinely creative and uncompromising band like Sleep Bellum Sonno getting an opportunity like this), I really wish mewithoutYou was on at least one of these shows.

3) Did mwY not mention what the other show would be in this post?
02:31 PM on 11/21/11
Mr.Piano93
I hate my username.
User Info.
why is O'Brother opening for everyone?

this. I'm getting annoyed.
03:14 PM on 11/21/11
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Sounds like such a good show =D
03:26 PM on 11/21/11
RuckerPark
OutwardsInWords.com
User Info.
you're getting annoyed that a great band is getting a lot of notoriety and they put on a killer live show so bigger bands want to bring them out so they can be heard to a bigger audience? I'm getting annoyed at responses like this one.
03:36 PM on 11/21/11
Illuminate
It's a shame we need everything
User Info.
Anyone know the openers for the LI shows?
04:15 PM on 11/21/11
CoreyMadVillain
http://www.villainsltd.com
User Info.
I saw mewithoutYou open for Brand New in 09'. The Dear Hunter also opened. somewhere in CT.
Yea it doesnt surprise me at all is my point.
04:43 PM on 11/21/11
jonwangcb
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why should mewithoutYou come after O'Brother? O'Brother just released their debut album I believe, whereas mewithoutYou has been around for a decade.

And I've never listened to them on CD before, I've just seen them live twice and each time was equally forgettable. You couldn't hear the lead singer when he even sang, and they just went into ridiculously long jam sessions. They're not a bad band in any sense, but there are so many more deserving bands and I'm sick of seeing them open for every great band recently, especially when they don't even put on a good show.

Listen to Garden Window, and immediately take back everything you've said. AOTY. Jam band? No.
05:08 PM on 11/21/11
greenteaallday
Registered Member
User Info.
Cannot wait for this.
05:18 PM on 11/21/11
ChristianLFTW
How YOU doin'?
User Info.
Haven't listened to either of them, this is a good chance. I was actually hoping for a straight up Brand New show, for a longer set, but okay. Is anyone else going to this show?
05:41 PM on 11/21/11
BrandnewBrendan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Some things that need to be sorted out after reading this thread:

1) O'Brother kills it on record, and they're solid live. But if you're not really into or acclimated to post-metal-type stuff, I can understand the distaste.

2) As solid as the openers are for the Long Island shows (and how happy I am for a genuinely creative and uncompromising band like Sleep Bellum Sonno getting an opportunity like this), I really wish mewithoutYou was on at least one of these shows.

3) Did mwY not mention what the other show would be in this post?
York PA check out there website
05:42 PM on 11/21/11
BrandnewBrendan
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Anyone know the openers for the LI shows?
Sleep Bellum Sonno,
Robbers,
O Brother
Sainthood Reps

Different openers for both nights but those are the bands.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS