AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Interview: Sean Monistat - 11.26.11

Sean Monistat - 11.26.11

Interviewed by
Sean Monistat - 11.26.11The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:

Sean Monistat

http://www.seanmonistat.com
http://seanmonistat.bandcamp.com
http://www.facebook.com/seanmonistat

1. How did you get your band name?
In the fine tradition of The Ramones, I have taken my name from the band I am in, The Monistats.

2. How did this band get started?
I release my solo material under the name "Sean Monistat" to have a way to keep the sound of The Monistats within the confines of pop punk/horror Oi!. As "Sean Monistat" I put out whatever music I am able to create, regardless of genre. In addition to acoustic folkpunk, I also record chiptune/chipmusic, drum&bass, as well as punk and metal.

3. What bands are you influenced by?
In life as well as music, my two primary influences are GG Allin and Jeff Ott/Fifteen. Other bands that influence my sound and performance are The Misfits, David Bowie, Atom and His Package, Crass, and the Kingston Trio.

4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Touring Europe with Master Juba 1848-1850 would have been interesting. The Sex Pistols 1978 tour would have been a blast, too. A show with Klaus Nomi would have been to die for. Versailles Philharmonic Quintet would be my dream band to tour with currently. They could teach me a lot about makeup and shredding. Also, I think if I could score a tour with Tori Amos, I could convince her to adopt me by the end of it.

5. Best food to eat on tour?
My tour diet consists of 60% alcohol, 27% tacos, 10% pizza, and 3% cough medicine.

6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because there aren't enough acts keeping punk progressive, transgressive, and threatening to the squares.

7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Ava Devine, minus the prolapse.

8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Whomever in the industry I had to blow to win.

9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I would put me in charge. Then I would finally have the funds to eliminate all humanity from the planet.

10. Memorable tour experience?
Our van breaking down on the way to Atlanta, and spending the night drinking away our sorrows in a shitty motel. Moral: the puke produced by combining vodka, chocolate milk, Miller High Life, and a McFish is FOUL.

11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It is a short way of typing "absolutepunk.net." Saves time and fingerstrokes.

12. What is your favorite song to play?
I really like playing the Floorshow Medley from "Rocky Horror Picture Show." Singing every role myself.

13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Pryamiden.

14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I don't remember.

15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Stop time. Strip strangers.

16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Just drinking as much as possible and saying a short prayer to Danzig.

17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
No one can be quite certain they know anything at all about me.

18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
I don't know anyone of discerning taste these days that wastes time on the radio. Why bother when you can put whatever mp3s you want on a mobile device? My music is too full of sex, murder, and drug references to be on the radio, so it is no concern of mine.

19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
I don't have any. I'm ALWAYS on.

20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ask for my Fetlife username.

No one has commented on this interview.
You can be the first.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums