Displaying user's 11 posts.
11:44 AM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
one two three fo fiffffffffffffffff
User Info.
Haha, so Jay was right after all.

Great news.
WE KNEW. WE KNEW!

Also, this is nothing short of incredible and I haven't been this excited for a record since the hype for Daisy or Blue Sky Noise...
12:04 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Band is good. Just don't get how they fit.
The wave isn't a genre thing. They're just all friends. They do all however play a more organic style of hardcore/post hardcore/punk music, so while MDAM don't fit exactly with the genre, they do with the general theme of the Wave.

Great news. I think Craig said that he's announcing another signing next Monday.
Hey from facebook!
01:00 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
they refer to themselves as the wave because they're a wave of new post-hardcore bands. one of the bands isn't post-hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. can you guess which one?
Looks like someone needs a lesson in post-hardcore roots...

Sounds closer to MDAM then it does LD or TA right?
01:09 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
i mean i know post-hardcore used to draw a lot of influence from punk and stuff but today's definition of post-hardcore is different from the definition of post-hardcore 20 years ago. genres evolve. or you were you unaware of that?
I was aware of that, but to say that Make Do And Mend aren't post-hardcore isn't true. Screaming and breakdowns are not a requirement of post-hardcore. Post-hardcore, as I'm sure you know because you don't seem ignorant (being sincere not sarcastic), is short for post-hardcore punk. Make Do and Mend's sound definitely aligns with the post-hardcore punk sound, it's just influenced by the older PH bands like Fugazi/Embrace, Shellac, etc. Post-Hardcore is an umbrella. Sure they aren't more screamo influenced (like the rest of the wave bands), but they fit the theme of post-hardcore getting more organic and back to roots.

EDIT: but we don't have to argue, this is amazing news either way.
02:00 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Rise Records is quite incredible lately. So much good to come out in 2012.
Everyone seems to forget their other recent signings, Daytrader and Cheap Girls, who I think are both incredible. Both of them have records coming out in 2012, TEN, HWM, Make Do and Mend, and those are just the new signings. So psyched.
02:09 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
best posts. i was laughing so hard.
Looks like Craig Erickson's true musical tastes are finally bleeding through. This is hell for all the scene kids though, I mean they're attracted to xcore bands like moths to flames. Who will be the scene go-to label when Rise throws all the xcore bands to the sharks?
02:17 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
TOO MUCH. hahahahahahahahahahaaha
Do me a favor.. I was on the phone with a client and typed out a ton of grammatical errors in that awesome joke. Can you edit your quote to reflect my corrections? Hahaha I can't believe I'm asking but it's driving me batshit.
02:23 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Thanks bro!
02:32 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Dream on, dreamer. No one's gonna fix your crummy grammar.
Oh, woe is me. My grammar sucked so bad he must have needed the help of a professional decoder just to interpret what I was saying.

Back to Rise though, at this velocity, they'll have every band even remotely related to the genre signed by 2015.
02:43 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
I feel like their plan of attack lately is What Would No Sleep Do?
Guess you didn't catch the velocity pun :/

And yeah, but I have no problem with that. I mean, good bands are going to get the promotion they deserve and as for No Sleep/Run For Cover (and etc etc), they'll have to scout out more talent to fill their roster and they've got a good track record with that. It's a weird win-win-win situation in a way.
03:54 PM on 11/30/11
betweenvega
User Info.
Went completely over my head. You're too good at this game. You're a legend.
I see what you did there! I can't think of any more. I guess I went from first to last place in this thread :/
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests