AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 3 posts.
12:52 AM on 12/02/11
Dalon
User Info.
Cannot get into this band. I tried when I was gonna see them live but I just couldnt. Will check it out. Also Rise is doing great, but they need to stop signing some of the generic metalcore bands on the side.
Except they shouldn't because without those bands they wouldn't be signing these bands that you love.
04:18 PM on 12/02/11
Dalon
User Info.
Their recent "scenecore" signings haven't even been doing well (who gives a shit about Secrets?). That genre isn't even bringing in as much popularity anymore. Now it's all about being into pop-punk like The Wonder Years and such. At this moment they can do very well for themselves with signings like these.
Also I don't love those bands, I barely even like them. But they're infinitely better than what Rise used to sign.
Pretty sure Dream on, Dreamer, Like Moths to Flames, Woe is me, Of Mice and Men and Attack Attack are going to sell more records than any of these signings.

Lets face it. How many people are actually going to buy the Cheap Girls album? I actually think Rise will LOSE money on that album.

Also, judging by Social Networking sites, more people care about Secrets than Make Do and Mend. Take note.
12:54 AM on 12/03/11
Dalon
User Info.
I'd agree with attack attack, of mice and men, and woe is me. But that's because they were signed at a period of time when those bands were all the rage. I'm not saying Rise should have never signed those bands, I'm saying that they should stop signing new bands in that genre.
Cheap Girls are a different case their music doesnt exactly fit the mold of bands like A Loss For Words, Transit, and Man Overboard. They might be in the same genre but that doesn't mean they have the same fanbase.
I'm sure the aforementioned bands aren't selling as much as Rise's older signings but they'll probably sell more than any scenecore band that Rise might sign in coming months.
Also keep in mind Make Do and Mend just got the popularity bump from the signing not too long ago. Secrets signed months ago and I'm sure their FB page doesn't have nearly as many likes as they would have had if they would have signed early last year.
I will agree with most of that. Especially with the last part. The Genre seems to be so stale and only a few bands are making any impression. Secrets is definitely not one of them. People seem to be eating up Like Moths to Flames though. I've seen their likes rise by 25k in maybe two months.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS