Username
Password
All Posts by User
Displaying user's 7 posts.
11:34 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
Matt Bayles is doing the new Cursive record due this winter. For anyone who doesn't know, he was in Minus the Bear and did the keys/synths on Highly Refined Pirates. He's produced, written, and played on a lot of great records.

MDAM have so much potential, End Measured Mile was great.

I hope they don't blow it. I would hate to see this band embrace the Four Year Strong/A Day to Remember/whatever awful-ass bullshit is consuming bands these days. Here's to hoping, instead, for a killer record.
11:40 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
They absolutely won't go that route, I have more faith in this band than basically any band I've ever worked with in my life. They have a great sound, a sound that's JUST different enough to carry some water, and an excellent mentality. Their LP is my most anticipated for 2012 by far!

I don't expect it, but I'm scared for all of these "new" bands.

The temptation to put out a worthless record and cash in on a generation of dumb ass kids is just so large. It's so easy to do, and, until MDAM really establish themselves, it's a worry of mine. Though, a tour with Thursday, meWithoutYou, Aficionado.. covering Touche Amore.. endorsement from La Dispute, Pianos, etc.. that should erase that fear. Here's to hoping it's fucking awesome!
11:43 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
They've toured with plenty of other great bands as well, they're doing it right.
Regrettably, I missed Polar Bear Club, Fireworks, Such Gold, Balance and Composure, and Make Do and Mend this fall. That's a really solid lineup, and I shit the bed.. but the sets were so, so, so short that I couldn't really justify it.

Before that, who have they toured with? I don't recall seeing them ever headline the NYC-area?
11:45 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
Congrats! Love End Measured Mile. Still need to cop the acoustic EP.
I'm hoping to grab it when I see them in Philly or NJ. Every band I've ever talked to has always said that they see more of the money when you get it from them on tour, so, I tend to hold off when possible.
11:47 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
I have a good feeling that Matt Bayles isn't going to stand for some of the subpar moments that hurt MDAM from time to time. The guy is really, really on-point, and, from what I've heard from bands who work with him, he's not afraid to get his hands dirty and really make a band kill themselves for their best possible sound.

I wonder if it will be a "summer record", with a release date so close to summer.
11:50 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
Rise is probably my favorite record now. I don't even care.
They're like the polar opposite of Fearless.
11:54 AM on 11/30/11
ACA
User Info.
That tour was awesome, so worth it. Also saw them a little over a year ago with Defeater, All Teeth, and Living With Lions.
I've seen Defeater, and they're even better live than they are on their records.

All Teeth and Living With Lions are equally legit?
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests