~
User Info.
now if only people would stop calling this band post-hardcore
11:54 AM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Pretty much.
They're pop punk with hardcore influences.
thank you. they remind me so much of A Wilhelm Scream
11:57 AM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
They're the least "wavey" band in the Wave. They don't fit in with the rest at all.
i checked out End Measure Mile because they're associated with the wave and immediately i was like what the fuck? this is some hardcore punk shit. love it tho
12:05 PM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Are there secret Wave rules?
they refer to themselves as the wave because they're a wave of new post-hardcore bands. one of the bands isn't post-hardcore by any stretch of the imagination. can you guess which one?
12:18 PM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
I kind of said, "hm, they're different from all the rest," and carried on listening and not caring about it. You almost sound offended that they're in there. Yeesh.
it's not that i'm offended they're associate with the wave. it's whatever. it's kids calling them post-hardcore when they very clearly aren't that makes me mad
01:04 PM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
Looks like someone needs a lesson in post-hardcore roots...

Sounds closer to MDAM then it does LD or TA right?
i mean i know post-hardcore used to draw a lot of influence from punk and stuff but today's definition of post-hardcore is different from the definition of post-hardcore 20 years ago. genres evolve. or you were you unaware of that?
01:18 PM on 11/30/11
Jake Jenkins
~
User Info.
I was aware of that, but to say that Make Do And Mend aren't post-hardcore isn't true. Screaming and breakdowns are not a requirement of post-hardcore. Post-hardcore, as I'm sure you know because you don't seem ignorant (being sincere not sarcastic), is short for post-hardcore punk. Make Do and Mend's sound definitely aligns with the post-hardcore punk sound, it's just influenced by the older PH bands like Fugazi/Embrace, Shellac, etc. Post-Hardcore is an umbrella. Sure they aren't more screamo influenced (like the rest of the wave bands), but they fit the theme of post-hardcore getting more organic and back to roots.

EDIT: but we don't have to argue, this is amazing news either way.
eh i think the punk tag on the end of post-hardcore is long gone and bands like MDAM are just straight up hardcore punk, but it's whatever
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS