AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

TV News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

The Black Keys on SNL (Video)

Posted by - 12:17 PM on 12/05/11
Watch The Black Keys perform "Lonely Boy" and "Gold on the Ceiling" on SNL, here.

Submitted by S9Dallasoz

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 26
12:33 PM on 12/05/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
That was pretty rad.
12:54 PM on 12/05/11
nickstetina
User Info.
I understand The Black Keys is just two dudes. But, they write records with full band instrumentation. Something about placing the other musicians behind them on stage irks me. Like what are they really achieving by doing that? It creates a weird sense of arrogance...on a lighter note I'm really liking El Camino.
12:58 PM on 12/05/11
ISUCK89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
they only added the extra musicians starting with the brothers album, im almost positive every album before that on the record and live is just the two of them, therefore its not arrogant to not have them be seen as members of the band but just part of the live band, if they continue to be a part of their future records then maybe eventually they will reach band status like the 2nd guitarist in green day or the keyboardist of thursday did, just saying its not as bad as you make it out to seem
12:59 PM on 12/05/11
ISUCK89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ive yet to see them live, im going to MSG but im curious to see if they only play on songs from brothers and el camino
01:03 PM on 12/05/11
hoser1689
up the fuck i mean punk
User Info.
Gold on the Ceiling is soooooooo catchy...that song is going to be huge
01:05 PM on 12/05/11
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
Given that I used to catch them all the time around Akron/Cleveland, it's still surreal to see these guys on SNL...
01:13 PM on 12/05/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
ive yet to see them live, im going to MSG but im curious to see if they only play on songs from brothers and el camino

Why on earth would you think they would only play those two records live? And at a show at MSG no less?
01:16 PM on 12/05/11
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
Vocals seemed too quiet to me.
01:26 PM on 12/05/11
youareallfreaks
thoust dare quoth i?
User Info.
That was pretty rad. I can't wait to hear their new album.
I remember my first internet.
01:28 PM on 12/05/11
drudo182
Be Royal
User Info.
They were pretty awesome this weekend.
01:32 PM on 12/05/11
ISUCK89
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Why on earth would you think they would only play those two records live? And at a show at MSG no less?
no, if you connect that with my prior post, i wasnt saying that, i was saying im curious to see if the extra band members only play on songs from those two albums, or if they incorporate it into the older songs also even though the older songs only have dan and patrick. seen bands do it before, just curious
01:39 PM on 12/05/11
Holly HoX!
User Info.
no, if you connect that with my prior post, i wasnt saying that, i was saying im curious to see if the extra band members only play on songs from those two albums, or if they incorporate it into the older songs also even though the older songs only have dan and patrick. seen bands do it before, just curious

I see. Good question.
02:36 PM on 12/05/11
ODDSn_nds
ODDSn_nds
User Info.
I understand The Black Keys is just two dudes. But, they write records with full band instrumentation. Something about placing the other musicians behind them on stage irks me. Like what are they really achieving by doing that? It creates a weird sense of arrogance....

It allows them to write what they wanna write without interference. They obviously did well enough on their own. Why change their decade long formula?

Not arrogance at all.
03:27 PM on 12/05/11
runningohfive
I know...
User Info.
I remember my first internet.

What do you mean by that?

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music