Username
Password

Comments: Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 24 of 24
01:31 AM on 12/14/11
Ska Senanake
Ska Senanake
User Info.
good for thrice i guess. way to end your career.. working with a company that treats their employees like worthless pieces of $hit. its like doing a limited run shirt, with an asian child labor factory..
nah
01:50 AM on 12/14/11
mrnegativezero
You wanted to set the world on fire
User Info.
Great music is coming out on my birthday. Good stuff. I would get it if I was into vinyl.
07:30 AM on 12/14/11
RebelSoul
The Destroyer
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Have you read (I think it was) Riley's blog where he talked about the impending break/hiatus/whatever? He made it seem pretty indefinite.

Hey dude! Do you think you could link to that post? I was looking on his blog and couldn't find anything about the hiatus. Thanks!
08:21 AM on 12/14/11
surgerone
User Info.
"Anthology" is the best track on that album.
you speak the truth.
08:36 AM on 12/14/11
xJesusFreakx
Rejoice! Rejoice!
User Info.
Hey dude! Do you think you could link to that post? I was looking on his blog and couldn't find anything about the hiatus. Thanks!
Here it is. Guess it was written for Flip Collective, not his own personal blog. Anyways, here's the main quote:

Quote:
And now…now it’s gone. “The band thing” as I’ve come to know it over the past thirteen years, is done. The touring, the writing and recording, the dream that became a career, all…done. Maybe for a while. Maybe for good. It’s not really my choice to make.
09:45 AM on 12/14/11
brook183
Leave the lunchmeat for the sharks
User Info.
Have you read (I think it was) Riley's blog where he talked about the impending break/hiatus/whatever? He made it seem pretty indefinite.

It's certainly possible that they'll be back with a new album in no more than a few years, but there is no reason to expect it as if it's by any stretch of the imagination guaranteed. Bands always say they aren't really breaking up, and sometimes go on to not play together for years and years afterwards.
Yes, I read that. I just didn't think it was fair to the band to call this an "end to their career" when the first line of their hiatus announcement was that they weren't breaking up. Whether or not they make more music together is up to them.
10:05 AM on 12/14/11
KingMax01
Theres no good in your eyes anymore
User Info.
I was in the process of buying it, but then I realized shipping to Alberta was $20. wtf
12:28 PM on 12/14/11
xJesusFreakx
Rejoice! Rejoice!
User Info.
Yes, I read that. I just didn't think it was fair to the band to call this an "end to their career" when the first line of their hiatus announcement was that they weren't breaking up. Whether or not they make more music together is up to them.
Fair enough. It may not be the end, but it has a good chance of being the end, at least for a long time if not forever, and I'm pretty sure that's why people (Riley included) are talking about it in terms of at least some finality.
01:33 PM on 12/14/11
mattjritter
USMNT ♦ AVFC
User Info.
Badass!

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT