|Hint: Have a band you'd like to see interviewed? Tell us.|
When Giants Collide - 12.12.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
When Giants Collide
1. How did you get your band name?
We were looking for something that created a powerful image, When Giants Collide seemed fitting.
2. How did this band get started?
We were all in local bands previously, 3 of us knew each other from school and had been in bands with each other for years. After a couple of years, we changed from a 4 piece to a 5 piece, losing 1 member and gaining 2 from another now defunct band we were friends with.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The likes of Meshuggah, Gojira, Textures, Between the Buried and Me, Opeth, The Acacia Strain, A Life Once Lost, Fear Factory, Strapping Young Lad/Devin Townsend, the list goes on...
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
To be able to tour with a band that's heavily influenced us would be ideal. Failing that, probably some 80's hair metal band or someone like Metallica with a huge fanbase to do a ridiculous arena tour and have a sweet rider every night!
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Lasagna, because it's the best food to eat in any situation.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Because our music will make your balls/bean tingle.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Any one of them that's close to being Oprah rich, failing that...Kriss Akabusi.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
We'd like to thank David Blaine, Mr. T, Lenny Henry, Dr. Truman from the Eastenders...
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
People would buy more CD's and support underground music.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We haven't been on a full tour yet, but we're predicting a lot of hazy times in the van listening to music (we are vanilla as fuck).
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
A great source of news, reviews, and interviews for us folks into that 'noisy' kind of music
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of ours...either "Wasteland," "Codename 47" or a new one "Shithawks."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Amsterdam before February 2012.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Rory: Deep Purple
William: Dream Theatre
Damo: Michael Jackson
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Invincibility! Come at me bro!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Scott: Mah-Nah-La-Moo-Noo-Loo-May-Nay-Lay...(Vocal warm ups)
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Our debut EP No one is Safe was actually meant to come out early 2010! Due to a line-up change it got delayed!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Without people like John Peel, there isn't as much exposure for extreme music to the general public, it's more of a need to know kinda thing. Sure, there's rock shows and even some exclusively metal or rock focused radio stations, but they are few and far between. I think we would flourish on some of the metal focused internet radio stations, for sure.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Anthony likes to watch Hornblower, and we like to mock him for it.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Rory: I can touch my nose with my tongue.
Damo: I'm a don chef.
William: I'm good at hamboning.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first.
More From This Author