Username
Password
Bayside News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Bayside
Inside AP.net

Anthony Raneri Posts Acoustic Demo

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (12/20/11)
EDIT: Raneri has also posted an update about his solo project here. He will be self-releasing the music as Gumshoe Records.

Anthony Raneri (Bayside) posted an acoustic version of "The Ballad of the Bill the Saint" on bandcamp.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 21
10:47 AM on 12/20/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Will this be on the EP or no?
10:47 AM on 12/20/11
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
Can't wait for more of this solo stuff. Just hope it doesn't drive him to disbandment from Bayside like it seems to do with everyone else who goes solo these days.
10:51 AM on 12/20/11
ACA
Next Show: Circa Survive @ NYC 7/17
User Info.
Can't wait for more of this solo stuff. Just hope it doesn't drive him to disbandment from Bayside like it seems to do with everyone else who goes solo these days.
Bayside is such a business that I can't see that happening.

Who are you referring to?
10:52 AM on 12/20/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Will this be on the EP or no?
This was recorded in 2009, but the way he labels it as an acoustic version leads me to believe that there will also be an album version.
10:56 AM on 12/20/11
ACA
User Info.
This was recorded in 2009, but the way he labels it as an acoustic version leads me to believe that there will also be an album version.
I didn't get a chance to check it out.. this isn't re-recorded?

This is the one recorded and produced by Chris Kirkpatric (N'Sync), previously spammed for free for two years?
10:59 AM on 12/20/11
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
I didn't get a chance to check it out.. this isn't re-recorded?

This is the one recorded and produced by Chris Kirkpatric (N'Sync), previously spammed for free for two years?
It's the old version; Bandcamp has it listed as recorded in October 2009.
11:00 AM on 12/20/11
brandon_260
Ah, yes.
User Info.
Alright. I may just wait until the EP is released, and if this is different than anything on it, I'll grab it.
11:03 AM on 12/20/11
ACA
User Info.
It's the old version; Bandcamp has it listed as recorded in October 2009.
Yep, with Kirkpatric. It's been free for two years, strange he's suddenly trying to grab a buck.
11:10 AM on 12/20/11
Miketheunicycle
"Look mom, no hands!"
User Info.
this is a good song but unless his ep sounds a bit different i dont really see the point in not including bayside over this. definitely a bayside track.
11:20 AM on 12/20/11
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
Bayside is such a business that I can't see that happening.

Who are you referring to?

What do you mean by that?

I guess I'm speaking out of terms by saying everyone but most recently Dallas Green. And I can also see it having a hand in Thrice's hiatus. But that's just how I feel.
11:49 AM on 12/20/11
TheDemosRock
What's a fuckass?
User Info.
I don't even care that this song was previously offered free, or that it's two years old...
Asking for money for a demo is just lamesauce.
12:08 PM on 12/20/11
Jaytothesyg
The Greatest Generation
User Info.
This is cool, the solo album will be really good. He can't really dissapoint
12:25 PM on 12/20/11
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
What do you mean by that?

I guess I'm speaking out of terms by saying everyone but most recently Dallas Green. And I can also see it having a hand in Thrice's hiatus. But that's just how I feel.
For Green it was vastly different because City & Colour is huge. With Thrice I think it's more for personal reasons. Anthony has tons of talent, but nothing he does solo will ever get close to what Bayside is doing. This seems to be just for an extra musical outlet.
12:35 PM on 12/20/11
Brandonmorrill
User Info.
For Green it was vastly different because City & Colour is huge. With Thrice I think it's more for personal reasons. Anthony has tons of talent, but nothing he does solo will ever get close to what Bayside is doing. This seems to be just for an extra musical outlet.

Valid point. And don't get me wrong, I loved alexisonfire but I'm a much bigger fan of City & Colour. Thrice is more personal but Dustin is putting out another worship album I beleive. Anthony's solo work is probably more for a Bayside type fan base whereas City & Colour has fans that have never heard of alexisonfire. So yeah, you're right. Either way, I hope it doesn't hinder Bayside's progress, touring, etc.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums