Run From Robots - 12.16.11
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:|
Run From Robots (Interview with Tom)
1. How did you get your band name?
It took a few week of thinking of different ideas and themes which we thought were cool. We eventually thought of Robots or Space, and Run From Robots stuck. There is no hidden meaning behind the name; we just wanted something which didn't take itself too seriously and was easy to remember.
2. How did this band get started?
The band was formed from a merge of other bands from our local area in Somerset. Myself and Matt knew each other from school, we met Casey and then Darrell later and the line up has been set since.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Many different bands and it varies for each of us. But as a whole a lot of bands who come out of the American Hardcore movement, although we want to represent it for Britain.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Again there are many past and many present. A band like Refused would be pretty awesome, just for the sheer energy which is something we want to give out from our live show. A present band, probably Four Year Strong just for the amount of good times which would happen.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Eating fatty foods like chips and take a ways are the worst to eat on tour, but a lot of the time its the only option. Something like Nandos or anything chicken is good, and sometimes just some cheap stuff from the supermarket is a good option!
6. Why should people listen to your band?
People should listen to us because we are honest and hard working. There is nothing fake about us and what you see is what you get. We're not rich and don't claim to be amazing, but we write the music we enjoy playing and hope that people enjoy listening to it too.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Athlete? This is a new question to me - Would have to be Usain Bolt, being that fast would mean its easy to run away from bad situations.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Anybody who has supported us from the get go. Fans who came to watch us time and time again when nobody else cared. Promoters who gave us shows, people who recorded us, designed artwork, took photos and, lastly, our manager!
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
The fact that you need to have personal money to get off the ground, be it paying for recording or fuel or anything like that out of your own pocket. It's hard work!
10. Memorable tour experience?
Casey stripping off and playing in his thong on the last date of our headline November tour. That was pretty funny.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
It's a place where music fans, bands and artists can come together to discuss music, which is a great thing. It gives under the radar bands the chance to get noticed which is becoming increasingly harder as time goes on.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
There are quite a few, actually. I always enjoy playing "On Top Of The Game" as it's the latest single. But we have a lot of songs which all have their own qualities. Old songs like "Red Rocket" and "Get Down Get Down" are still fun to play live.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Vacation Spot... Not really a relaxing holiday spot, but Prague is pretty insane. We toured in the Czech Republic this last year and it was off the scale.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
I didn't really get into music until quite late on, but earliest memories are being into bands like Blur, Franz Ferdinand, U2, Green Day, Nirvana and Foo Fighters.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
To be invisible, easy! That would be super cool.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Yeah, I can never watch the band who are on directly before us as it puts me out of my rhythm before we hit the stage. Also, wearing a vest top on stage has become a kind of ritual for me.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
There isn't really much I keep away from people so this is a hard one! Maybe that I like to keep fit, going to the gym, running and lifting weights has become standard!
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Was terrible but now becoming better. Mainstream UK radio is now starting to play alternative and underground music. Getting play on national radio is definitely something which we would aim to do.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
A lot of business work for the band, that takes up a lot of my time. I do a lot of other work to try and salvage as much money as I can. Just hanging out with friends, eating good food and keeping fit.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
A hidden talent? I can do a thing called 'The Birth'.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |