Album Review
Clerestory, A - The Rest is Silence EP Album Cover

Clerestory, A - The Rest is Silence EP

Reviewed by
A Clerestory - The Rest Is Silence EP
Released: June 27, 2006
Unsigned

Who?

A Clerestory is a melodic indiepop out of Raleigh, North Carolina that takes a huge influence from many "indie" radio favorites.

How Is It?

This is truly an album you cannot truly appreciate unless you take time out of your busy day between whatever zany habits you have. It starts off real slow, and finishes at around the same rate. Michael Roach is like a pair of new shoes, his voice takes a few listens to get used to. It's a slow reader, but once you've read it a few times, it'll really make sense. Now, enough with the stupid metaphors. The Rest Is Silence with the 6 minute long, "Blame". Just like the rest of this EP, everything is long, the chorus, the riffs, all real slow and spacey. "Understand" continues where "Blame" left off, in the same fashion, but at twice the speed. Once you get towards the middle of this EP, you've reached the ooey gooey center, the best part. "Middle", "Alone" and "Moments" are all very versatile in their own way, and change everything up except for Roach's nasally voice that sticks through all the songs. Finally, you're given one last chance to give them a chance with "Let Go" and "Caught" which serve as much quieter acoustic tracks. All in all, The Rest Is Silence EP will excite people who are into Coldplayesque bands, but will bore your typical "indiepop" fan.

Sounds LikeColdplay, If The Format listened to more Coldplay, Radiohead, Interpol

www.myspace.com/aclerestory
This review is a user submitted review from Nathan Lint. You can see all of Nathan Lint's submitted reviews here.

Displaying posts 1 - 7 of 7
11:41 AM on 08/01/07
Praetor
as we melt, let's make no noise.
User Info.
I need to hear this.
05:59 AM on 08/04/07
RynTeenSenstion
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I totally dig this band, their live show is great.

ryan
11:39 AM on 08/04/07
hieverybody
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

ryan

HAHA! I agree. Great music. Great live show. Great people. It may interest people to know that the line up they have now is a bit different from the line up that recorded the album. It may not... oh well.
12:06 PM on 08/05/07
dependantj
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This band is outstanding. As a fan of live music, trust me, their live show is one of the best you will see. I think the author of the review should come to a live show. These guys are true musicians with a very fresh sound. Keep checking for the new songs that they will be posting, the new lineup of the band is amazing! COME SEE A LIVE SHOW!
09:39 PM on 08/10/07
exit71guitar
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

ryan

loser.

in regards to the original post...great band, iffy review. the review is too brief, and doesn't at all match the ratings posted.
02:39 PM on 08/11/07
Nathan Lint
That's the real joke
User Info.
loser.

in regards to the original post...great band, iffy review. the review is too brief, and doesn't at all match the ratings posted.

that's because it's a once-over. It's meant to be brief only to give you a taste of what the band sounds like.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos