The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer:
Always The Quiet Ones www.alwaysthequietones.com http://youtu.be/VJA3GZ9Yx_I
1. How did you get your band name?
It was from a piece of graffiti that used to be around in Liverpool city centre that read "Its always the quiet ones."
2. How did this band get started?
We've always been in bands together over the years. This one was the eventual fruition of that. It made sense that the five of us finally threw together a project.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Oceansize, Karnivool, A Perfect Circle, Circa Survive, Cave In
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Touring with any of our listed influences would be brilliant. I think we all have our own ideas on who we'd like to play a few shows with. There's a few great British bands on the rise like Feed The Rhino and Polar who we'd love to gig with.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Unreasonably priced service station shite.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Its heavy and brooding but never at the expense of melody. There's something for everyone in there.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Does Lex Steele count as an athlete?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
The usual combo of friends and family. Definitely our long time mix engineer Tony Draper and masterer Robin Schmidt as well. Two excellent and very talented people to work with.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
This could easily turn into a ramble. But the for sake of keeping it short, we'll go with overpricing shows. It puts a hell of a lot of people off.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Too many. I think there's more private jokes in this band than we'd care to admit.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Its good to see music press that covers such an eclectic range of artists. You go AP!
12. What is your favorite song to play?
"Freak Show" has really stood the test of time. We occasionally throw the opening tune of our first demo into the set as an encore too. But I think we constantly look forward to showing everyone what's next and thus write a hell of a lot of new material. Its good to keep the sets varied rather than playing the same 7 songs every night.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
We've talked about marketing ourselves throughout Germany and Japan. I guess a trip out to either to test the waters would be pretty fucking sweet!
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Depending on how far we go back there's going to be some embarrassing ones in there. I'm not sure we're ready for that kind of ridicule!
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Brainwashing could definitely come in handy in this industry...
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
Throwing the makeup on is a ritual in itself. We usually have to do it in the public bathrooms of the venues we play. We've had some hilariously varied responses.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Ha! Well...we're going to appear on Nickelodeon's "House Of Anubis" in February sometime. We played a metal band who've been booked to play a prom night by mistake.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
There's a lot of good radio and there's a lot of bad radio. I definitely think there's room for our kind of music to be pushed through radio play.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Play music! Its all we do 24/7
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Opposable thumbs, monty python-esque walks and a pretty bang on impersonation of the gingerbread man.