Username
Password

All Posts by User
Displaying user's 1 posts
01:40 PM on 12/29/11
punker24
punker24
User Info.
I listen to La Dispute, I have their whole discography. I'm asking cause everyone uses that term to describe these "screamo" bands, so what's the actual genre description. What would you call a band like We Came As Romans?

Listening to SWS new album, I would say Christian wrongly described them as "post-hardcore".
its a broad term its more of a spectrum than a strict definition. For the We Came As Romans/Sleeping With Sirens generation of bands it's mostly the mixing of genres typically but not limited to metalcore, hardcore, pop punk etc. and also heavy and light parts vocally or instrumentally throughout the songs or an album. It just depends what each particular band leans closer to as their influence whether its more "metalcore", more "pop punk" or something else, as to exactly how close they are to one of the said genres while also including aspects of others.

Id say We Came as Romans are post-hardcore leaning more towards metalcore since emphasize their "heavy" and "technical" parts but also have the singing parts as well. La Dispute leans towards experimental hardcore. Post hardcore is just pretty wide and ambiguous "genre" that has obviously changed in what it includes over time but i think the mix of heavy and light parts are pretty defining to the bands you were asking about.

but about the interview im just curious what 3 songs kellin wasn't happy with from the new album

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos