Username
Password
The Ataris News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Ataris
Inside AP.net

The Ataris Releasing Unreleased Tracks

Posted by: Jason Tate (12/29/11)
The Ataris will be releasing a compilation of old unreleased tracks on December 30th.
Message from KrisIn light of our upcoming tour with The Queers... For the first time ever, you will be able to download The Ataris original 4-Track demos! These are the actual demos that I recorded in my bedroom from around age 13 to age 18. The actual demos that were passed on to The Vandals when they played alongside The Queers in Cincinnati at Bogart's in 1996. The same demos that led them to sign The Ataris to their label soon thereafter. None of these recordings have ever been released to the public before now! Many of the songs would later shape The Ataris albums "Anywhere But Here" and "Blue Skies, Broken Hearts"! There are also several old unreleased songs from the same time frame that have never been heard before by anyone until now! This release will only be available for download at: http://theataris.bandcamp.com/ and will be officially online this Friday Dec. 30th.

Submitted by bradsonemanband

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 38
12:03 PM on 12/29/11
himynameisjm
IM THE SHIT
User Info.
sick
12:05 PM on 12/29/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Kris also responded to me on Facebook saying that there would be 20+ songs on it.
12:38 PM on 12/29/11
mynameisgeneric
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where is the new album? At this point I would like to suggest a band name change to Guns N Roes'
12:46 PM on 12/29/11
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
I think Kris missed out on a great opportunity when he released the All Souls Day song a few years ago. I think there was a lot of interested in this band making a comeback record. But after so many delays people don't care anymore. Which is a real shame since it seems like the dude needs money.
12:48 PM on 12/29/11
PeteRoe
User Info.
Yeah the wait for the album is ridiculous but this is really freaking cool. I am gonna enjoy listening to these probably more than I will the new album (not that I am judging it before it makes it out, just I know what I like)
12:51 PM on 12/29/11
chack311
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I'm pretty excited for this.
12:53 PM on 12/29/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Yeah the wait for the album is ridiculous but this is really freaking cool. I am gonna enjoy listening to these probably more than I will the new album (not that I am judging it before it makes it out, just I know what I like)
i feel the same way. i love me some oldschool Ataris music.

and all of you bitching about waiting for the album, purchase Kris' acoustic album and this new one of oldies. the money is going towards finishing recording the vocals for the new record. help out and give him 5 bucks so he can finish it, or else you'll never get it and you'll wonder why it never came out...
01:04 PM on 12/29/11
chrisstahl
chris
User Info.
Bogarts was my go to venue growing up. Always loved knowing that he gave his demo out there.
01:13 PM on 12/29/11
Portugal4142
@BrandonMir
User Info.
i feel the same way. i love me some oldschool Ataris music.

and all of you bitching about waiting for the album, purchase Kris' acoustic album and this new one of oldies. the money is going towards finishing recording the vocals for the new record. help out and give him 5 bucks so he can finish it, or else you'll never get it and you'll wonder why it never came out...

Actually, I don't feel like purchasing demos he recorded in his room when he was 15 just to hear a new Ataris album. But I'll bitch to myself.
01:15 PM on 12/29/11
bradsonemanband
I make music.
User Info.
Actually, I don't feel like purchasing demos he recorded in his room when he was 15 just to hear a new Ataris album. But I'll bitch to myself.
really? it's basically almost like listening to Anywhere But Here part 2. i'm stoked for unreleased old Ataris tunes. but i loved Anywhere But Here, so...
01:26 PM on 12/29/11
tonethehero
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Where is the new album? At this point I would like to suggest a band name change to Guns N Roes'

Hahaha! Nicely done!
01:30 PM on 12/29/11
MJSchmidt
Hang 'em high or not at all
User Info.
Interested in the acoustic album, this collection of old songs/demos, and the new record.
01:31 PM on 12/29/11
PeteRoe
User Info.
really? it's basically almost like listening to Anywhere But Here part 2. i'm stoked for unreleased old Ataris tunes. but i loved Anywhere But Here, so...
I love ABH as well. I don't get why more people didn't listen to them back in the day.

Whenever I say they are my favourite band, I only really ever get blank stares or "Who?"
01:32 PM on 12/29/11
ElGordoTacos
User Info.
With all the shitty bands signed right now, it's amazing that these guys couldn't get signed to a label that would pay to record the album.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests