Size:	873.9 KB
ID:	57872  
12:57 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Hey all, back for good now. Had a good holiday with my lady who is now flying somewhere above Uganda en route to Congo. I'll be posting a few photos from Rome in the next couple of days on my Facebook for those that are interested.

Good to be back.

I was thinking that at the beginning of 2011 or end of 2010, 2011 was hailed as the year of years for music...but looking at what came out and how I reacted to it...I found the vast majority of releases to be quite poor last year and disappointing...anyone feel the same? My EOTY list that I never got to post was struggling to reach a top 20 because there were not more then 15 albums that I truly felt were better then merely "OK".

In other news, I am on a movie downloading spree. Switzerland has made it "Ok" to download media recently so I am taking full advantage. Any recs? No horror or stupid inbetweeners+shitty american comedy type stuff please
01:49 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Any particular type of film? What are some of your favourite films?

Hey mate, how are you?

Um. I'm not a movie buff at all (as my sister will probably be able to tell you) so my favourites are kind of all over the place... I like all genres apart from horror.

Favourites would include: usual suspects, hot fuzz, matrix, lotr trilogy, 5th element, v4v, ...uh i cannot think right now.
02:49 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Good to have you back! :)

For me personally, 2011 was the best year of music in a long long time. I listened to so so much stuff that got me so excited, some really great releases came out, and there's a really nice feel good vibe in the music scene again it seems. But like I said, maybe that's a more personal experience, rather than a reflection of the state of music, but I could pick several releases from different genres that really held their ground this year.

Oh really?! What was it before? I've been downloading films for years and years haha.

Movies - Into The Wild, you'll love it.

Cheers dude.

I think the genres last year definitely gravitated more towards classic "scene" music. Which is awesome on one hand but on the other its stuff that I don't listen to as much anymore.

I have Into the Wild, great movie

I'm alright. Just adjusting to being back at university after being home for a month. Even in my second year it's a strange shift to go through. Good to hear that you've had a good time lately. I'll check those pictures out, I've always wanted to go to Rome.

Chinatown: One of the most satisfying films ever made, the script is used as an example for screenwriting classes.
Hunger: Tough subject, but anchored by an incredible performance by Fassbender and visceral directing by McQueen.
Tyrannosaur: Bleak as hell, but a really emotional watch.
Four Lions: Very maturely handled comedy about terrorism by Chris Morris, master satirist.
Cave Of Forgotten Dreams: Riveting documentary about the earliest recorded works of art, at 32,000 years old.

Edit: I'd second Into The Wild as well.

I'll definitely check those out. Thanks I am also very intrigued by that documentary about art.
05:18 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Welcome back! You have been missed, mate. Hope you had a lovely time with your lady and glad to hear you'll be around more now. Look forward to seeing pictures and haering any tales. Have a good new year and holiday season?

As for movies check out this, it's an intelligent sci-fi movie which I think you'd be into: Primer

Also, PMing you with some music.

Hey thanks man. Yeah it was a great time. Was so good to re-connect face to face and just enjoy each others company. New years was immense. Spent the evening just outside the Colosseum, I will have to put a video up as well because it was just insane. Italians are brilliant. Rome is a great city. Smaller then I expected and not as hectic as I thought it would be which was odd to me for some reason. The food...oh Kyle, the food...it was just bliss. Good thing I am joining a gym this Friday. Holiday season was good, around Xmas time was spending time with the ladies family and mine. Also "learned" to snowboard. Was all fun but a bit hectic and tiring overall...had 3 weeks away from work and the world in a way but I don't feel rested at all, lol...I feel more invigorated but more tired...if that makes any sense. I just needed to spend time with my lady.

How about you? What did you get up to?

Primer eh, never heard of it. Will definitely check it out, looks good. And thanks for the PM x
05:40 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
I absolutely loved Rome when I was there. My favorite city I've been to. The gelato there is fantastic, ate for very meal just about. Ha.

Yeah the Ice Cream is fantastic but I only had it once because it was cold out and I am lactose intolerant (i was already medicating myself to high heaven for every meal just to eat cheese )
05:47 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Oh yeah forgot it was cold. Bummer about being lactose intolerant, at least you were able to enjoy the food. I love cheese. What was your favorite site that you saw?

Cheese is awesome.

Probably Trevi Fountain. I was quite astounded by how beautiful it was. Shame about the hordes of people that surround it all the time, hah. I also thought the Pantheon was awesome. I didn't get to go inside St Peters which was a shame, but the queues were ridiculous. Yours?
05:56 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
I really enjoyed St Pauls Outside The Walls. St. Peters is pretty crazy as well. Just everything was so awesome. I just love ancient roman history and its just fascinating to be there.

Roman history is awesome, yeah. It was just so cool how you could walk pretty much anywhere and every 3-5 blocks there was something magical to look at.
06:46 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old

Hey man! How are you? All good?

I can't find the video...I don't see any green anything in the video screens.
07:31 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
The site has missed your presence, Alex.

Thanks mate How are you? You heading to Norway or just trying to piss Kat off
07:33 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
Welcome back, Alex! If you need any more film recommendations, let a brother know.

Thanks man Sure thing, hit me up with some recs.
07:55 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
You seem to be into sci-fi a bit, so two of my all-time favorites there are Dark City and Blade Runner. Good chance you've seen both, but if not, definitely recommended. Some others:

Children of Men - Dystopian world where Clive Owen must protect a pregnant woman to keep the human race alive)
Léon - Jean Reno as a hitman, Natalie Portman in her film debut
The Dark Crystal - Pretty basic good vs. evil, but with (at the time) groundbreaking animatronics
The Man From Nowhere - One of my favorite Korean films ever, guy goes on a mission to protect a friend, kills a bunch of drug traffickers
Kill the Irishman - I was surprised at how much I dug this one last year, really cool cast and nice period piece, crime drama that chronicles Danny Greene's life
13 Assassins - Another one of my favorites from last year, 13 samurais come together to defeat a mass murderer
The Game - One of Fincher's more underrated films, a really interesting watch and keeps your mind in it
Sin Nombre - Cary Fukunaga's first film, it's essentially about a kid that runs away from his violent past to get a new start; I really love his second film, too, it's a drama with big sci-fi crossover called Never Let Me Go from 2010.

I'm sure you've seen some of those, but those you haven't, I really dig! Hope I didn't ramble too much.

Dark City is a good movie, was very surprised by it when I watched it. I never dug Blade Runner...blasphemy to some, I know, but I always found it dragged and quite boring.

Leon is an awesome movie. I am a big Jean Reno fan. Thanks for the other recs I'll look into them.
07:56 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
I'm good, man. And I'm heading to Oslo in early Feb, got no reason to piss Kat off yet I'm guessing you're on cloud nine, right?

Nice, may I ask what for?

Haha, yeah. Life wise I am on cloud 9 just because I spent the last 3 weeks with the woman I love....but if you're talking Football...thats also a definite cloud up high in the sky. lol.
08:00 AM on 01/11/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
I love that you love T5E. One of my all-time favorite movies.

Yeah it's simply brilliant. Its insanely cheesy without passing off as cheesy somehow...such a good balance. Also been in love with leeloo since I first saw the movie. Might be one of my favourite movie chars ever.
01:39 AM on 01/12/12 
User Info.
PeeDster
@alextranslantic
Lausanne, CH
Male - 29 Years Old
I don't think I wanted to know any of that.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests
RSS
Mobile Version
Banners, Flyers, Widgets