Username
Password
Killswitch Engage News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Killswitch Engage
Inside AP.net

Killswitch Engage Vocalist Leaves

Posted by: Alex DiVincenzo (01/04/12)
Frontman Howard Jones has left Killswitch Engage. The band will continue on and are seeking a new vocalist.
StatementTo our family, friends and fans: We have decided to continue on without Howard Jones as the singer of Killswitch Engage. We love Howard and are thankful for the nine years that we've had him in the band. Out of respect for everyone involved we will not be discussing the specific reasons behind this decision. Howard is a part of our family and always will be, and we wish him well. He has left big shoes to fill, so we certainly have our work cut out for us to find the next singer of Killswitch, something we plan on making priority #1 going forward. Most importantly, thanks to all of you for all the support throughout the years and for sticking by us for all this time. We really do appreciate it and we very much look forward to having a new record for all of you in the not too distant future that we can all be proud of. Sincerely, Adam, Joel, Mike & Justin.

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 108.
11:42 AM on 01/04/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Bring back Jesse please!
11:44 AM on 01/04/12
Clintoto
thefifties.bandcamp.com
User Info.
No longer Howard Powered. Too sad.
11:45 AM on 01/04/12
georgedcc
User Info.
I haven't listened to this band in years, but Howard was a fantastic singer and screamer. It'll be interesting to see if they can bring anyone else in who is as good as he was.
11:45 AM on 01/04/12
Beatzero
User Info.
This sucks, Howard was the main reason I got into KSE. He made even heavy music melodic and has a great voice.
11:46 AM on 01/04/12
Nickisonfire
Waffles
User Info.
this band is still around?
11:46 AM on 01/04/12
Full Effect Ed
Nonstop Disco Powerpack
User Info.
Fuck
11:47 AM on 01/04/12
VeryWittyName
User Info.
I'll do it.
11:47 AM on 01/04/12
marsvoltamcr
Registered Member
User Info.
one of my favorite vocalists. Their next album was one of my most anticipated of the year. Depending on who the replacement is, that may no longer be the case.
11:50 AM on 01/04/12
MBIIdollaBill
die young and save yourself
User Info.
aw damn I totally submitted this! and this is shitty news btw, howard jones was great. I knew something was up when he dropped out of their last tour and phil from all that remains had to fill in
NateFoundGlory
Why do you stay till you see blood?
User Info.
Surprised as hell, mainly because I just figured the band would be done. Sucks, though, Howard was awesome.
ffadam
Heaven Sent
User Info.
Jesse doesn't sound as good on the Times Of Grace album as he did on the first Killswitch album but he would be my first choice for this. Great guy. Really sad about Howard leaving. Adam and his banter on stage were what made Killswitch such fun live.
11:51 AM on 01/04/12
burncitiesas
User Info.
damn i thought he was out of the band at least a year ago already. i heard it was because he got caught w/ a hooker
11:54 AM on 01/04/12
kidwithhelmet
User Info.
Bummer.
11:55 AM on 01/04/12
Alex DiVincenzo
www.alexislegend.com
User Info.
Jesse doesn't sound as good on the Times Of Grace album as he did on the first Killswitch album but he would be my first choice for this. Great guy. Really sad about Howard leaving. Adam and his banter on stage were what made Killswitch such fun live.
You think? I thought the Times of Grace album was awesome (miles better than the last KSE album), not to mention his killer work with The Empire Shall Fall. I know it's a long shot, but I would be ecstatic if he returned. Howard was a great replacement (plus Blood Has Been Shed rules - maybe they'll come back?), but Jesse is one of my favorite frontmen in heavy music.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Submit News
CONNECT
Forums
Contests