Username
Password

03:51 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Zack Haughton
The song that goes like danananana
Long Island, NY
Male
I was pretty depressed back in the early fall when college classes started for me at a pretty prestigious (albeit state) school, and I really just stopped going to class. I tried to pick it up but the attendance requirements not being met literally forced me into all F's. Despite the fact that I could probably bang out a 4.0 in my sleep. Damn, can't let it dwell now though. So anyway here's my question..

If I were to take off this semester just to make some money to fund going to college and starting again next fall, do I have to start paying off my students loans or does the whole 6 month grace period kick in? And then when I enroll in another college would that immediately extend my time to pay back the loans?

Also, a whole other topic is whether or not I can even get into schools if I do something like this. Granted, my high school and standardized test grades are pretty insane. I just need suggestions here. It sucks to be this guy right now
04:00 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Passion Man
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Male - 23 Years Old
edit: maybe go to a technical college or smaller college. it seems from reading this that you don't like the demands that a bigger college has.
04:07 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Zack Haughton
Long Island, NY
Male
I mean, if I go to a college, it would probably be a big one. I was a perfectionist before this past semester which was weird. Just other things in my life coinciding, I probably would have been better off just taking the time off before I went to college at all
04:23 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
were you going to take a semester off anyway?
04:40 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Zack Haughton
Long Island, NY
Male
I probably would have, just to make some money to save for college. Plus I have a solid job lined up for me for the near to distant future
04:46 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
wait how old are you? a sophomore?
04:50 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Zack Haughton
Long Island, NY
Male
Nope freshman that was my first semester
04:54 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
sjb2k1
the bull city
Female - 31 Years Old
ah okay, for a second i thought maybe you had been going longer.

even if your loans do kick in, you can always see about a deferment.
05:07 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
Zack Haughton
Long Island, NY
Male
yeah, thats what I figured I could do but my parents were adamant that that's not possible. which it most definitely is
05:24 PM on 01/09/12 
User Info.
tonyC4L
tech-savvy at-risk youth
San Francisco, CA
Male - 26 Years Old
yeah, thats what I figured I could do but my parents were adamant that that's not possible. which it most definitely is
It totally is, I just had to do the same thing. I didn't do summer or fall quarter but I'm back for winter (last class I need wasn't offered in fall), and they tried to tell me I needed to start paying and I was like ahahahahano.
11:14 AM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
haveyousceneus
No Avatar Selected
chicago
Male - 28 Years Old
take the semester off!
12:44 PM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
SLoT
Stage three has begun.
Florida
Male - 29 Years Old
If you're paying for college out of your own pocket, I'd say go to a community college and knock off all the prereqs for the major you'd want to take in a four year, then transfer back in. Secondly, your student loans will only kick in if you're taking classes that equal out to being less than full time, (ie two classes). You will most likely have to defer a loan, if you're attending a college that's different from the one where you originally obtained your loan while attending.
01:21 PM on 01/10/12 
User Info.
IAmNietzche
It's raining mah'fuckas!
Philadelphia, PA
Male - 28 Years Old
"Those who are really earnest must be willing to be anything or nothing in the world's estimation."
12:26 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
kitson
15541 S Western...
Male - 26 Years Old
Go to a big college is what you should do.
08:18 AM on 02/22/12 
User Info.
HelpMeSleep
fuck what you know.
Glendale, AZ
Female - 24 Years Old
I agree with the community colllege idea. Always a good route. Although if I could redo it all, I'd have done my community college out here, so I could get in-state tuition and save about $16,000 a semester.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos