Jake Simmons and the Little Ghosts - 01.12.12
|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer.|
Jake Simmons and the Little Ghosts
All questions answered by Jake Simmons.
1. How did you get your band name?
I heard the phrase in a few songs. We'd gone through a few, and I thought I'd like this one for a while.
2. How did this band get started?
At the end of the last band I was in, I decided I wanted to get serious about playing music, and just searched out the guys I thought would be best for the band. Friends from other bands.
3. What bands are you influenced by?
The Clash, Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers, Elvis Costello & the Attractions, and Otis Redding are the biggest
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Iggy & the Stooges. Because I'd love to spend an extended period of time being scared as shit.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
NOT WHITE CASTLE. Unless you're okay with stopping a lot. There are usually sweet local spots we try to hit in most places we tour. I found out on our last tour, though, that peanut butter, jelly, and potato chip sandwiches can fix a particularly awful day on the road.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
They might like us.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Anyone from the Red Wings. Because my girlfriend likes them better than me.
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
John Krohn, Bret Self, and the bassist from Limp Bizkit
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
I don't know where to start. Most of it. There would be a king, probably.
10. Memorable tour experience?
We got pulled over and harassed by undercover cops for looking like we sold heroin.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
There's sooo much content. And it feels more like a part of a community than just a site.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Of mine? The Bridge. In general? Anything off of London Calling by The Clash.
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
I don't really go on vacation. I go on tour when I have the chance to vacation. But probably Nashville.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Old country music. Hank Williams Sr., Willie Nelson, stuff like that.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
The ability to shoot rainbows from my hands. Good conversational piece.
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
I can only cook french toast. Nothing else.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
Most of it is nonsense. We might do well on a small percentage of stations. But overall, if the radio is someone's main source of music, they probably wouldn't dig us so much.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Ride bikes and color!
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Ride bikes and color!
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |