Username
Password
Record Sales News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Record Sales
Inside AP.net

Adele Is A Phenomenon

Posted by: Thomas Nassiff (01/13/12)
Head to the replies to see a screen shot of this week's sales numbers, according to HITS Daily Double. Adele's 21 once again tops the chart - moving a ridiculous 123,000 units while the second place album - Drake's Take Care - shifts 43,000 records. A friend of mine and I have been keeping track of Adele for a few months now, and as far as we can tell, she has not sold anything less than 100K in every week since 21's release on Feb. 22, 2011. Worth adding is that her last record - 19 - is consistently in the top albums as well. This week, it's all the way up at No. 14, selling more than many of the biggest records to come out this year despite the fact that it came out in 2008. How does she move so many records so consistently? How is she doing so much better than the norm? What records did you buy this week?

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 121.
08:17 AM on 01/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
resuscitation of the year
User Info.
08:19 AM on 01/13/12
Cody Nelson
facebook.com/comedyfiends
User Info.
Because she appeals to everyone. It's completely plausible that someone our age loves her just as much as our parents, who love her just as much as their parents. Can't say that about most groups.
08:19 AM on 01/13/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I'M THE FRIEND. No one cares.

This is more or less the thing I'm most interested in seeing music-wise every week though. It's simply incredible. What also isn't mentioned is that her other album, 19, is also in the charts every week usually right in the middle of the top 50.
08:22 AM on 01/13/12
TheRealJohnOC
I've seen 701 bands/artists live
User Info.
I'm scared for her voice after surgery.
08:22 AM on 01/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
I'M THE FRIEND. No one cares.

This is more or less the thing I'm most interested in seeing music-wise every week though. It's simply incredible. What also isn't mentioned is that her other album, 19, is also in the charts every week usually right in the middle of the top 50.
Actually edited the post to include info about that record you noob!
08:23 AM on 01/13/12
Zack Zarrillo
User Info.
I'd be interested to see how many physical copies she has sold actually. I feel like it'd be a pretty high number
08:25 AM on 01/13/12
georgedcc
User Info.
Maybe because it's a genuinely fantastic album that appeals to a broad market with a fantastic selection of singles? A lot of albums and bands get big despite only ticking one of these boxes, but Adele ticks all 3 and that's why she's number one by a vast margin.
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
I hate the fact that her songs have been so overplayed because she is so talented and her voice is so beautiful.
brent_ster
My Dinosaur Life
User Info.
She usually moves 15k-25k a week in Canada to, which is ridiculous. Its been certified Diamond here(10x Platinum).
08:27 AM on 01/13/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
i'm pretty sure she did sell under 100k for quite a few weeks. but yes, she's incredible. and it's very pleasing to see a good singer top the charts with good songs. i can't think of a way to criticize her, and that's awesome. best of luck to her.
08:27 AM on 01/13/12
Takuto
User Info.
I hate the fact that her songs have been so overplayed because she is so talented and her voice is so beautiful.
That's not her fault though.
Can't wait to see her sweep the Grammys.
08:28 AM on 01/13/12
Thomas Nassiff
User Info.
i'm pretty sure she did sell under 100k for quite a few weeks. but yes, she's incredible. and it's very pleasing to see a good singer top the charts with good songs. i can't think of a way to criticize her, and that's awesome. best of luck to her.
Yeah that's not an official statement by any means, but Zack and I haven't seen it under 100K for several months.
08:29 AM on 01/13/12
crutchfield
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
She totally deserves it.
08:30 AM on 01/13/12
Jeff_Ryan
easy come and easy go, whatever
User Info.
She's so wonderful and should do a collab. album with Blue Ivy Carter
Options
Related News Stories