Username
Password

Comments: Page 3
Displaying posts 30 - 45 of 867
04:35 PM on 01/15/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
The band made some questionable comments, but so did AP members AND staff. Both sides have been at fault. The band apologized and made quite a few good points, so I think it's time we all move on.
04:36 PM on 01/15/12
AdamChildress
Wondrous Oblivion.
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
This is the most serious statement I've seen from them...It's whatev's.
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
All I see are a buttload of excuses. There are an infinite times more bands who work harder than these douchers, and they don't treat their fans like shit. The only word I have to describe TDS is 'immature.'
blimpcityhero11
#WreckThisLeague
User Info.
It wouldn't be wise to make enemies with the AP.net community. What we do have are a very particular set of skills; skills we have acquired over a very long time spent with Photoshop. Just ask Forever The Sickest Kids or The Maine...
04:39 PM on 01/15/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Awesome band, awesome people.
04:39 PM on 01/15/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
It wouldn't be wise to make enemies with the AP.net community. What we do have are a very particular set of skills; skills we have acquired over a very long time spent with Photoshop. Just ask Forever The Sickest Kids or The Maine...

This post cracked me up.
04:41 PM on 01/15/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
All I see are a buttload of excuses. There are an infinite times more bands who work harder than these douchers, and they don't treat their fans like shit. The only word I have to describe TDS is 'immature.'
I've never seen them treat their fans with anything but respect, and they worked their asses off last year, as you clearly didn't read. Immature probably isn't very accurate.
04:42 PM on 01/15/12
Lueda Alia
User Info.
I actually find it funny that they're saying, "we thought we were on the same team" ... considering that they're the ones who have started this and made some seriously ridiculous comments about our site.

Anyway, I don't care for this band. Never have. Trolling their threads now is entertaining though, especially since they make it so easy with their "interesting" comments whenever they show up.
04:42 PM on 01/15/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I've never seen them treat their fans with anything but respect, and they worked their asses off last year, as you clearly didn't read. Immature probably isn't very accurate.
I read every word of it.

Clearly this is the first TDS thread you've ever been in...
04:43 PM on 01/15/12
iheartmusic043
KKCO
User Info.
Figure I might as well respond to a portion of it, when looking at the from the "same team" paragraph:

The AP.net staff is not a collective unit. There are people on the staff that love this band and album for the music they make. I've, personally, always been extremely supportive of the music the band makes. The issue that I, again personally, have taken is with some of the snide comments made about the website in general. Or hearing from other band members about how they're treated on tour. Or hearing about a situation on Warped Tour from another band - and then seeing members of TDS make fun of the scenario on our website. And in general just me becoming tired of the drama. Tired of always hearing something new. It's exhausting. However, I've still enjoyed the band's music - so I post about it. Even when other staff want nothing to do with them anymore. I've had many conversations of staff wanting to ignore them completely from now on because of things said that appear directed at us as a whole.

And then there are staff that want to ignore it and just focus on the music.

In the end, there are bridges burned with some staff members, a lot of bands, managers, and people in the industry -- on both sides if we're honest. That's the music industry, for better or for worse. I, personally, do like working with the band when it's music related (I think we may have a cover song premiere coming up). And I will post about stuff that happens if I think it's an important story for our readers. Basically that simple. I don't appreciate the snide comments made about the website as a whole, or even individual staff members ... especially when I feel like we have done a lot (maybe more than any other publication) to promote and help this band. That's where I understand some staff reservations of even covering the band -- when they feel their hard work is overlooked, and then looked down upon, by inflammatory comments made by people they feel they're trying to help promote.

I am fine putting things behind us. After all these years - that's one thing I am good at: ignoring the bullshit and just trying to move forward. I learned the hard way how to do this - and I'm still learning. But I have a pretty fucking thick skin... but that really means that for it to be behind us - it really has to actually stop happening. Less drama = less drama.
Jason Tate=class act
04:43 PM on 01/15/12
SomedayTheFire
when I die there'll be no trumpets
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
People think dropping off a tour for the bands own good is treating fans like shit. It's ridiculous.
04:44 PM on 01/15/12
gr33ndayfr3ak
www.nickferran.com
User Info.
I read every word of it.

Clearly this is the first TDS thread you've ever been in...
I'm not saying they haven't made some immature comments on here, because they have. I'm not denying that.
I'm saying that you were wrong in saying that they're disrespectful to their fans and not hard working. That's what was inaccurate.
04:45 PM on 01/15/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
Ice Nine Kills called, they are making a new t-shirt
04:46 PM on 01/15/12
maxvsmaradona
thesecondside.bandcamp.co m
User Info.
This should be fun.
04:47 PM on 01/15/12
sweetfootaction
Cake-eater
User Info.
I'm not saying they haven't made some immature comments on here, because they have. I'm not denying that.
I'm saying that you were wrong in saying that they're disrespectful to their fans and not hard working. That's what was inaccurate.
I'm not saying that they're not hard working. What I'm saying is that there are more bands that work HARDER than them and don't bitch about it anywhere near as much as TDS. Like I said, all I read in this 'explanation' was a load of excuses. Nothing more.

Also, I am still saying that they're disrespectful to their fans. Actions speak louder than words.

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos