|The following is a mini interview of generic questions that we posed to all bands that wanted to answer.|
1. How did you get your band name?
We're big-time skeptical, atheist, libertarians so who better than Voltaire to reference this outlook? Also, it helps that revolt is part of the word as there is still so much in the world that any thinking person would want to usurp.
2. How did this band get started?
Very much like the Sid Vicious paraphrase, "Here's a chord, now here's another. Start a band."
3. What bands are you influenced by?
Pre-1980 Adam and the Antz with a Z. Elastica, the Hives, the Sex Pistols, the Stranglers.
4. If you could tour with any bands, past or present, who would they be and why?
Adam and the Antz. Getting to be there live to hear "It Doesn't Matter", "Send a Letter to Jordan", Deustscher Girls" and so many others would be sublime.
5. Best food to eat on tour?
Mark: Tacos and burgers.
6. Why should people listen to your band?
Nobody should have to do anything they don't wanna do, but we'd be mighty obliged if they gave us a shot. If they like it then we both win.
7. If you could be any athlete, which athlete would you switch places with?
Me? Chael Sonnen. Her? A female Frankie Edgar...does that count?
8. If you won a Grammy, who would you thank?
Mark: Mitch Thomas for assisting in recording and Adam Ant for some early inspiration.
Kylie: Mark for being 'the band'; I agree with Mark on Mitch and Adam; also, Penn Jillette for being the first to say he'd give our album a shot.
9. If you could change something about the music industry, what would it be?
Less uniformity in major outlets.
10. Memorable tour experience?
Anytime anybody gets into what we're doing--doesn't get much better than that.
11. What does AP.net mean to you?
Fantastic way to get introduced to new work by artists previously unknown to me.
12. What is your favorite song to play?
Mark: Changes on a daily basis but maybe "Bedtime Story" from the next CD.
Kylie: Agreed, "Bedtime Story" is a lot of fun; I also like doing "Uncover Girl."
13. What is your vacation spot of choice?
Pas-A-Grille St. Pete Beach, Florida.
14. What music reminds you of your childhood?
Mark: Elvis. Lot's of Mr. Presley in my household growing up. Him and Jerry Reed.
Kylie: Country music in general; it was always on in our house.
15. If you could have any super power, what would it be? Why?
Mark: No need for sleep. To get more done.
Kylie: I like that. Me, too!
16. Any pre-show superstitions or rituals?
No superstitions we don't believe in the supernatural. Mark: Just warm up a bit.
17. What is something that most fans don't know about you?
Me? Oh, a there's a few things and...they don't know them because they are secrets.
18. What is your assessment of the current state of radio? Do you think it's a place where your band could flourish?
So much of it is, for us, absolute dreck riddled with an appalling sameness. Maybe, a tune or two might resonate. I really have no idea, we just make the songs we wanna hear.
19. What do you like to do in your spare time?
Read, train MMA, search incessantly for a horror film that's worth a damn.
20. What kind of hidden talents do you have?
Trust me if I had a talent it wouldn't be hidden.
No one has commented on this interview.You can be the first. |