schmucko supremo
User Info.
his acoustic stuff is just as good as the full band stuff
06:29 PM on 01/18/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
The sad part about Brain is people still call him that guy from my american heart. I love MAH but he was in MAH for maybe 3 months at that.
Ahhhh, he was in THAT band. That explains a lot.
06:42 PM on 01/18/12
Coverbydesign
User Info.
Ahhhh, he was in THAT band. That explains a lot.
I guess..He was in it for like a 3 months or so and then left because they where making music he did not like and did not want to be in the band.
08:48 PM on 01/18/12
ImOnFire54321
@jackgazdik
User Info.
I like full band so much more than just him acoustic. The Bullets and Flashlight are so good. His acoustic stuff, especially on The Cosmic Drama, is just so-so.
06:45 AM on 01/19/12
corybear
Carucage Records
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I seriously can not stand Weatherbox, this dude, or his music. It just sounds like he is trying so hard to impress people and fit into a certain style of music, by playing a very un-creative, un-original form of it. There are a million other bands that sound like this, even if it isn't the worst thing in the world. Not to mention his voice is very grating to listen to and his lyrics are just laughable sometimes. Next.

The best thing I've come up with to describe them to people is this: 'Glorified Pop-Punk'. But hey, at least they're not as bad as Snowing.

If anyone should be called "glorified pop-punk," it'd be The Wonder Years or Transit or someone like that. Weatherbox is cool shit; it's very pleasing the ears. Dude's got a unique voice and a true love for writing good songs.

And Snowing was incredible. Maybe you just don't like emo stuff?
06:57 AM on 01/19/12
InaGreendase
Registered Member
User Info.
I enjoy everything about this.

There are a million other bands that sound like this, even if it isn't the worst thing in the world.

Okay, name just a few then.
08:36 AM on 01/19/12
TheBigDirty182
Wreck more or less
User Info.
I seriously can not stand Weatherbox, this dude, or his music. It just sounds like he is trying so hard to impress people and fit into a certain style of music, by playing a very un-creative, un-original form of it. There are a million other bands that sound like this, even if it isn't the worst thing in the world. Not to mention his voice is very grating to listen to and his lyrics are just laughable sometimes. Next.

The best thing I've come up with to describe them to people is this: 'Glorified Pop-Punk'. But hey, at least they're not as bad as Snowing.
HA do you know what pop punk is man? I'm sorry dude you're either really stupid or you posted on the wrong article. Weatherbox is incredibly UNDERrated. Besides Say Anything who else do you think they sound like? O and as for lyrics, I personally think it fits his voice and they style he plays. Plus Brian is loaded as fuck when he writes.
09:09 AM on 01/19/12
Kapa73
User Info.
I've tried getting into this band a couple times, but can't seem to find any appeal. Can anyone articulate their appeal? Not that you have to, but I'm just curious. I did really like his video of his cover of Talking Heads - Naieve Melody, but that's about it.
09:28 AM on 01/19/12
glattim
User Info.
I've tried getting into this band a couple times, but can't seem to find any appeal. Can anyone articulate their appeal? Not that you have to, but I'm just curious. I did really like his video of his cover of Talking Heads - Naieve Melody, but that's about it.
Weatherbox's main appeal to me: Creativity. I didn't love the music (American Art) right off the bat, but there was something original, daring, and fascinating about it that kept me coming back to listen. Eventually, I was listening to American Art daily to get my fix and grew to love Brian's voice and introverted mysticism. To me, listening to Weatherbox has always been better when I'm alone with headphones or driving, so I highly recommend trying that...
06:01 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I guess..He was in it for like a 3 months or so and then left because they where making music he did not like and did not want to be in the band.
So then why would you even join a band in the first place when you weren't totally stoked on the music they were making? Seems really desperate and kinda like he's a shady guy.
06:09 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
If anyone should be called "glorified pop-punk," it'd be The Wonder Years or Transit or someone like that. Weatherbox is cool shit; it's very pleasing the ears. Dude's got a unique voice and a true love for writing good songs.

And Snowing was incredible. Maybe you just don't like emo stuff?

Well yeah, those bands are a lot worse than Weatherbox, not really even in the same category. Personally I find them very hard to listen to, it makes me angry. It seems insincere and fake personally. I really haven't heard any memorable songs of theirs that have stood out, but a lot of my friends love them so I've been exposed to the discography more than enough.

Snowing I hated that dudes voice so much haha. More than Brian Warren, like tenfold lol. Even less impressive live. They were just whiny and writing a style to pander to a certain audience. And no dude, I love good emo shit. Sinaloa, Hot Cross, The Promise Ring, Giants Chair, Waxwing, Mineral, I love all that stuff. Snowing is emo pose - just a (s)crappy post hardcore band with no originality and whining lyrics about nothing. Weatherbox isn't even close to emo. They're pop punk posing as post-hardcore.
06:13 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
HA do you know what pop punk is man? I'm sorry dude you're either really stupid or you posted on the wrong article. Weatherbox is incredibly UNDERrated. Besides Say Anything who else do you think they sound like? O and as for lyrics, I personally think it fits his voice and they style he plays. Plus Brian is loaded as fuck when he writes.
Well, Say Anything is fucking horrible, but I didn't make that comparison, you did. They're extremely overrated. Can't believe people let this shit pass as real, passionate music. He's a scene kid pulling the wool over your eyes.
06:15 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

I stopped reading at the first sentence. They are one of the most un-orginal, generic, bland, insincere bands I have ever heard. Very little creativity on American Art. They get a little better on Cosmic Drama. The new EP sucks.
06:15 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
There is nothing to like about this band. Brian Warren is no David Byrne haha.
06:18 PM on 01/19/12
dogsizedbirdIII
ap.net legend est. 2008
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

Snowing, Say Anything, CSTVT, Empire Empire (I Have Parenthesis In my Name), The World Is A Beautiful Place and I no Longer Can Fit This On the Side of my L P sleeve, Into It Over It, Transit lots of other bad pop punk with post hardcore influence.
Options
Related News Stories
Buy the Music

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums