08:12 PM on 01/22/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
...and somehow I survived
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
lolololol

He's back at it...

RT @JoseCanseco Billy beane call me would love to dh for you just give me a tryout that's all I ask
07:41 PM on 02/02/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
http://espn.go.com/dallas/mlb/story/...elapse-alcohol

:-\
09:19 PM on 02/02/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Aside: Why do the Mets play the AL East except for Boston?
09:27 PM on 02/02/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I mean...I'm not complaining lol one of my roommates is a Sox fan and was curious if we played them home or away. We were both confused about it.
12:28 AM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Jesus. This shit pisses me off. I read that and all I see is ignorance about addiction.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slu...laps e_020212
04:26 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Jeff Passan is a great writer. It's a shitty lede because it makes the article seem sensationalist, but it's a solid piece otherwise.

I actually think Yahoo has great writers, Passan is great and so is Tim Brown.
Agreed 100%, which is why I follow them/read them. I just think the way he wrote that article (as well written as it is, and it is well written for sure), it isn't very fair to Hamilton. Addiction is a lot more complex than people realize. It's unfair to call him out like that, I think. Even if he's right about Hamilton letting everyone down, it's not fair to say he doesn't give a shit and it's definitely not fair to write that BEFORE Hamilton had a chance to speak about how much he drank or whatever, ya know?
05:58 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
He had to cut his dreads lol

07:13 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Ankiel, Damon, Ibanez, Fukodome. Any preference? Haha.
07:29 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Either Ankiel or Fukudome. I'd lean Ankiel just because center's our least secure position in the outfield.
If they're going from a strictly hitting standpoint (just a lefthanded bench bat), I couldn't disagree with signing Johnny Damon for cheap. If they actually want someone to split time and play a lot of outfield, I like Ankiel just because Fukudome hasn't played much center field...plus Ankiel is on the exact opposite end of the spectrum from Damon defensively.
07:38 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I don't see why Damon would sign here so he could pinch hit a couple times a week for a team that's not contending. He can't play the field anymore. I'm sure at least one AL team will give him a look eventually. Ankiel makes the most sense.
It'd be nice to have a defensively capable outfielder with a decent lefthanded bat on the bench/platooning. What's your overall outlook going in? You're the only Mets fan I know who isn't in suicide mode yet, haha; or at least willing to accept the state of the franchise.
08:20 PM on 02/03/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I've resigned myself to the fact it's going to take a few years to turn things around, so it's hard to get up in arms about everything that's happening in the present. I was rosier than most on last year's outlook. Thought we'd win around 80 games and we did. Given the loss of Reyes and the improvements the rest of the division has made, I think we'll probably be closer to the low 70s and finish last. Other than Davis's return and seeing Duda get a full year of experience, there's not a ton I'm excited about at the major league level. I'm not holding my breath with Santana. Best case scenario this season might be that Wright rebounds and Bay plays well enough to generate some interest at the trade deadline. I'm probably gonna be more excited about following the farm and the draft.
I guessed about 75 wins last year and I'm guessing between 65 and 70 this year. This is the first time in awhile I'm actually not looking forward to the season, haha. It blows, but it is what it is.
01:31 PM on 02/05/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
Who are some of your favorite players in the game currently? Not necessarily because they're good at their profession, but guys you just enjoy rooting for because they have some sort of likability factor as well?

Brian McCann, Heath Bell, Andrew McCutchen, Freddie Freeman, Ian Kinsler (already liked him a lot before the whole recent Hamilton relapse)

Those are just a few that come to mind.
Josh Towers.
03:26 PM on 02/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
https://twitter.com/#!/MetsGM/status/168047042646646784
05:43 PM on 02/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old

I could've used Sandy's wit on twitter to get me through last season.
05:46 PM on 02/11/12 
User Info.
Broken Parachute
Staten Island, NY
Male - 24 Years Old
I saw it, I figured I'd embed a picture in case someone didn't bother to click. >:o

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos