Username
Password
Drive Thru Records News
Hint: Have a news tip? Submit us news.
Drive Thru Records
Inside AP.net

The Stellar Life/Drive Thru Records Statement

Posted by: Christian Wagner (01/19/12)
Earlier we posted about Drive Thru Records releasing new material from The Stellar Life. We reached out to Richard for a statement, and this is what we learned ...
Message from Richard"We (Richard and Stephanie) manage them and we/they wanted to release the single on DTR because we loved it and it reminds us of the heyday of our label. This isn't even close to their best song either- we are saving those for their CD! They might release the CD on their own, we might do it with them on DTR (It would be the first release in almost 4 years) but it would be a 50/50 deal and not a signing like we used to do. We want them to have total freedom and 100% creative control. So basically, it's all up in the air right now."

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 545.
09:27 PM on 01/19/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
this is gonna be epic
09:33 PM on 01/19/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
this is gonna be epic
Yea dude, I'm stoked for it. Love the song just put out.
09:35 PM on 01/19/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
Yea dude, I'm stoked for it. Love the song just put out.
wait til you hear the other ones
09:35 PM on 01/19/12
Christian Wagner
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
wait til you hear the other ones
That's what Richard said. Might be a premiere of a new song on here in the coming weeks.
09:49 PM on 01/19/12
kidinthebushes
User Info.
If they miss the "heyday of DTR" so much, why don't they get it another go?
09:51 PM on 01/19/12
coreysetfail
I Blue Myself.
User Info.
i really didn't like the song. the lyrics were dreadful. it was catchy and the vocals sounded good, but it was way to sugary for me. so, yeah, i hope there are better songs.
09:58 PM on 01/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
I doubt I'll get a response but what actually happened with DTR? What did they do to "brutally ass-fuck their bands?" All I know is they disappeared 4 years ago, but before that they got really crappy with a bunch of like pre-indie bands. I just always assumed they went out of business. PLEASE somebody clear this up for me.
09:59 PM on 01/19/12
Ponyboy
i'm stayin gold
User Info.
weird situation. Not crazy about the song. Reminds me too much of a pop punk version of that toby keith song
10:08 PM on 01/19/12
the new dancer
User Info.
I don't hate the song they released but I am going to save full judgement until I hear more. But as of right now I am excited to hear more.

Also it is cool to see Drive Thru doing stuff again, even if they did mess up royally towards the end.
10:12 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I doubt I'll get a response but what actually happened with DTR? What did they do to "brutally ass-fuck their bands?" All I know is they disappeared 4 years ago, but before that they got really crappy with a bunch of like pre-indie bands. I just always assumed they went out of business. PLEASE somebody clear this up for me.

They just kinda stopped doing the label, it stopped being fun so they put it aside. They didn't ass fuck their bands.
10:16 PM on 01/19/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
They just kinda stopped doing the label, it stopped being fun so they put it aside. They didn't ass fuck their bands.
ask I Am The Avalanche about that
10:17 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
ask I Am The Avalanche about that

I've done better than ask them, it doesn't really matter to me.

Have YOU asked them?
10:19 PM on 01/19/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
and even if it "stopped being fun" - do they realize that bands depend on them for support? it's one thing for a label to end, but it's another thing to completely destroy the band career of Madison.

Quote:
Due to issues with the label's management, Madison decided to break up in September 2006. According to a press release written by the band, the main reason behind why they split was a lack of professionalism and laziness on part of the label. The band claimed, that a month passed before submitted demos were listened to and when questioned about this, the owners responded in an often vulgar and rude manner.
10:19 PM on 01/19/12
hectorial85
Saved The Day
User Info.
Good to see DTR again. I miss that heyday too (as do most, I assume).
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests