Username
Password
Drive Thru Records News - Page 2
Displaying posts 15 - 30 of 545.
10:22 PM on 01/19/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
I've done better than ask them, it doesn't really matter to me.

Have YOU asked them?
from Houston Calls:

10:22 PM on 01/19/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
and even if it "stopped being fun" - do they realize that bands depend on them for support? it's one thing for a label to end, but it's another thing to completely destroy the band career of Madison.
"issues with the label's management" aka album wasn't selling and drive-thru probably didn't want to sink anymore money into them. it IS a business you know? bands like the movielife and i am the avalanche complained about not getting money and support and whatever else they bitched about but guess what, money doesn't grow on trees, especially in the music industry. if your band isn't selling albums, you don't get money from the label.
10:23 PM on 01/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I've done better than ask them, it doesn't really matter to me.

Have YOU asked them?

You have? Who have you talked to?
10:23 PM on 01/19/12
boomer08
User Info.
and even if it "stopped being fun" - do they realize that bands depend on them for support? it's one thing for a label to end, but it's another thing to completely destroy the band career of Madison.
Hmm that's interesting. I knew something was up. That's horrible. I remember talking to Darren Reynolds (the drummer of Home Grown) on the Allister/Fenix TX tour and he told me that they (Home Grown) were going to do another album without Adam. If that was true and the only reason it didn't happen was because of Drive-Thru, then I'm fucking furious.
10:24 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
from Houston Calls:

There's A LOT more to the Houston Calls thing.
10:24 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
You have? Who have you talked to?

Richard
10:25 PM on 01/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
"issues with the label's management" aka album wasn't selling and drive-thru probably didn't want to sink anymore money into them. it IS a business you know? bands like the movielife and i am the avalanche complained about not getting money and support and whatever else they bitched about but guess what, money doesn't grow on trees, especially in the music industry. if your band isn't selling albums, you don't get money from the label.
While the label owners lived in giant houses and drove luxury vehicles and had offices in a part of town that was waaaaay outta their price range (if this is the money on trees argument).

Just saying. They weren't starving.
10:26 PM on 01/19/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
don't get me wrong, back in the day (high school) I was all about DTR, they had the best roster of bands that I listened to, I still have DTR t-shirts, but they FUCKED up, big time, and the Steller Life sounds pretty good, I just don't want them to be in the same boat as the majority of their bands
Jason Tate
User Info.

Completely unbiased, right? Haha. And how many of the bands you're claiming were not fucked over did you talk to?
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected

So they were mad at the label.... And they decided to break up because of that? That seems kinda fishy...
10:29 PM on 01/19/12
aolsux
phase reverse
User Info.
I am glad Tate's got my back on this one
10:30 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
Completely unbiased, right? Haha. And how many of the bands you're claiming were not fucked vet did you talk to?

I'm not talking about every band, but I've gotten from multiple people in multiple bands that he's not a bad guy. Including New Found Glory. I've heard the other side to a lot of these things people bitch about, that's all. He's a good dude, a nice guy, and he's been extremely helpful to me.
10:31 PM on 01/19/12
UnderMyDreams
User Info.
No Avatar Selected
I am glad Tate's got my back on this one

You know what HC did HUGELY violated contracts, and they could have been sued and screwed over for that right? But instead, they weren't stopped from doing it.
10:31 PM on 01/19/12
Jason Tate
User Info.
I'm not talking about every band, but I've gotten from multiple people in multiple bands that he's not a bad guy. Including New Found Glory. I've heard the other side to a lot of these things people bitch about, that's all. He's a good dude, a nice guy, and he's been extremely helpful to me.
Hey, how much did they make Ace pay to buy out his contract so TEN could actually release music again?
10:32 PM on 01/19/12
TheDillon
twitter.com/thedillon
User Info.
While the label owners lived in giant houses and drove luxury vehicles and had offices in a part of town that was waaaaay outta their price range (if this is the money on trees argument).

Just saying. They weren't starving.
Why should they starve? They started a label out of nothing, worked their asses off for years, finally collected some paychecks and had some fun. You would do the same thing. Some bands work, some bands don't. BTW Sherman Oaks isn't exactly luxury office space. It's not like they were smack in the middle of Hollywood or anything.
Options
Related News Stories

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests