AbsolutePunk.net
   Username
Password

Line-up Change News
Have a news tip? Submit news.

Mateo Camargo Leaves Madina Lake

Posted by - 09:48 AM on 01/20/12
Guitarist Mateo Camargo is leaving Madina Lake.

Submitted by Me & My Arrow

Displaying posts 1 - 15 of 18
09:53 AM on 01/20/12
Yellowcard2006
I'll buy you a raincoat
User Info.
I'd like to know why he left but I don't think it'll really effect the band.
09:56 AM on 01/20/12
TheRealJohnOC
@BehindtheCade Seen over 730 bands!
User Info.
ML is on the decline. Mateo jumped ship before it sank.
10:08 AM on 01/20/12
AgainstTheCurrent
Paranoid Humanoid.
User Info.
What has this band been doing since their bassist got jumped?
10:08 AM on 01/20/12
crf1895
get kinda awesome
User Info.
I'm really worried about the future of this band. I thought they were gonna split up once they released WWIII, since no one really cares about them anymore.
10:16 AM on 01/20/12
Ditka For Gov
User Info.
I don't think he was on their last tour- they said something about visa issues I believe? Who knows if that was just the company line though.
10:16 AM on 01/20/12
gregplaysdrums
Drummer
User Info.
What has this band been doing since their bassist got jumped?
They released an album.
10:39 AM on 01/20/12
fuckyourscenes
www.fuckyourscenes.com
User Info.
I'm really worried about the future of this band. I thought they were gonna split up once they released WWIII, since no one really cares about them anymore.
I'm hopefully interviewing them next month, and this is something I plan on bringing up.
10:42 AM on 01/20/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
I feel like ML was always on the decline (or at least in the US). They only ever were big in the UK/Europe. I used to go to shows to see them in London at Huge places that sold out every time.

But when they play Chicago (their home town)-- they have to give tickets away. The last few metro shows sold horribly.

I know there was some rumor/or uncovered fact that one of these guys was heavily into drugs.-- I have a feeling that easily has something to do with it.
11:13 AM on 01/20/12
MObassman
Slappin' da bass in El Famous
User Info.
I feel like ML was always on the decline (or at least in the US). They only ever were big in the UK/Europe. I used to go to shows to see them in London at Huge places that sold out every time.

But when they play Chicago (their home town)-- they have to give tickets away. The last few metro shows sold horribly.

I know there was some rumor/or uncovered fact that one of these guys was heavily into drugs.-- I have a feeling that easily has something to do with it.
Yeah I was at one of their most recent Metro shows. I went to see Greek Fire, but I was very surprised at how empty the place was, there were only maybe 200-300 people there. Craziness.

Well I wish this band the best, I know they've been through a lot of bullshit
11:24 AM on 01/20/12
Rob McWilliams
Eat your salad, no dessert
User Info.
Damn. Wishing them the best, solid band
11:41 AM on 01/20/12
Maiaophilia
my heart beats pacific -
User Info.
Yeah I was at one of their most recent Metro shows. I went to see Greek Fire, but I was very surprised at how empty the place was, there were only maybe 200-300 people there. Craziness.

Well I wish this band the best, I know they've been through a lot of bullshit

It's weird when bands that are successful else where aer not successful in their hometown.
Like for example; even Motion City Soundtrack who is HUGE within the "scene" has a hard time selling out First Ave sometimes (it's like Minneapolis's version of the Metro).
02:00 PM on 01/20/12
snowboarderkid
Registered Member
User Info.
Not a fan of their last album at all. Maybe i will go back to it and give it a second chance.
02:53 PM on 01/20/12
JuneJuly
Allez l'OL
User Info.
For about three years Madina Lake were my favorite band. I'be seen them live seven times, and I'll never turn down an opportunity to do so. Like a poster above mentioned, its really weird how much bigger they were in Europe compared to the US.

Madina's Facebook post about this suggests that Mateo is still going to write with the band, just not tour. Which is good, because I feel like he was definitely the creative force musically behind the band. Nothing they put out will beat FTTUTY but I'll still learn all the word anyway.
05:59 PM on 01/20/12
saintnumberfive
Don't wake me, I plan on sleeping
User Info.
I really enjoyed their debut. Chalk full of good tunes. But I didn't dig their second album at all. Kind of thought the band split a while ago.

Or at least was competing in the return of Fear Factor. :)

NEWS, MUSIC & MORE
Search News
Release Dates
Exclusives
Best New Music
Articles
CONNECT
Submit News
Forums
Contests
Mobile Version
AP.net Logos